Donington BTCC

YRC Members hold back!

YRC Members hold back!

I know you're not rushing to buy Donington tickets but in case you are....hold back....YRC members will get an offer from the circuit in the next couple of days.:D

I'll report more asap.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Thats a bugger

I wonder just how much money Donington are losing because of so many cancellations.

Also, I wonder if the person responsible for designing the tunnel is still in employment? Lets face, what person forgets the need for run-off areas.

And with all this bad publicity, will the British Grand Prix actually be there next year? Lets face it, the British GP was meant to go back to Brands a few years back, but it didn't.

Does this put in to question the future of the British GP full stop?

Last edited:
Gow is trying (and understandably not promising) to sort something else out at a different circuit and or date.

The difficulty is that all our fees are paid for a full season so everyone is massively out of pocket already - labour, hotels, promotion, Donington testing...the list is endless.

Thats a bugger

I wonder just how much money Donington are losing because of so many cancellations.

Also, I wonder if the person responsible for designing the tunnel is still in employment? Lets face, what person forgets the need for run-off areas.

And with all this bad publicity, will the British Grand Prix actually be there next year? Lets face it, the British GP was meant to go back to Brands a few years back, but it didn't.

Does this put in to question the future of the British GP full stop?

I don't think they're loosing anything - they pay for TOCA to come with our travelling circus.

They're the only people accountable for the millions that will be lost by the teams and with outstanding debts already logged by creditors, we don't stand a chance. They took the T's & C's off their site which I think is illegal (any confirmation on this?) and poor TOCA are having to field call after call from team owners wondering who is going to pay when it's nothing to do with them.

This is very bad for UK motorsport - I hope they're held accountable.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Sounds like a complete shambles...
guy who posts on BTCC.NET is a marshall and states he receied an e-mail from BARC saying their services not required that weekend.

Last edited:

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
did they change their minds in the hope of getting more innocent folks to part with their hard earned cash?? only to then be told the event is cancelled and you can't get your money back??

TOCA has its work cut out too to ensure a replacement can be arranged.