door mirror glass

zippyy

Nov 5, 2005
Macclesfield
Mines just got cracked:cry: . Any idea of where to get one without to much cost?
It is heated as well if that makes a difference

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
dealers do them for around 20 quid, i used a non seat dealer who sourced the genuine bits for less than seat charge...strange!

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Just a guide for you :)

Early Leon mirror glass (Manual, same as MK4 Golf, Passat, Bora) is £18 ex vat
Late Leon mirror glass (Manual, oval type) is £29 ex vat

Bought a passenger side one today for my 2002 Leon (Early model) as soneone had knocked the mirror off :(
Had considered buying a set of late model mirrors but at a total cost of £268 for everything (and with my 20% discount) it was a bit expensive at the time.

Also thought about the MK4 Golf mirror glass with the blue tint. VW wouldn't supply me with any unless I gave them a chassis number. They told me that the glass would be about £25 a side for the manual ones.

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
sounds well dodgy about the VW dealer not giving you the mirror without a chassis number, use to have a MK2 golf and bought loads of parts from VW but never got asked for a chassis number before.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
I never got asked for the chassis number when I was going in for parts for my VW Lupo either which is why I thought it was strange.

I tried Lakeside VW in Stoke On Trent and got asked for the chassis number and I also tried Stafford VW and got asked for a chassis number so there must have been some change lately.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Are the Halfords ones a decent fit ? or do they just stick over the broken glass

I've been bitten by this before - bought a (new) cheap mirror housing for my almera from a JapBreakers ... the glass broke a couple of weeks later and I ended up having to buy a complete new mirror housing from Nissan anyway because no-one had any glass that came with the correct fittings on the back :mad:

Couple of times I've been asked for a chassis number when ordering parts from Audi and VW. Most parts depts are more than willing to lend you a pen and a bit of paper for a couple of minutes while you run out to the forecourt ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise