nightflight

DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Doesnt sound like theres much wrong with mine then just happens often every 2-3 months it will happen. I use diesel v power shell, put some cleaner in the fuel every 3 months also, gets decent runs... still having problems pffff lol

Every two or three months !!! - hahahahaha - stop fretting - you seriously don't have a problem.

Mine regens around once a month that I know of.

It's all dependant on miles covered, how long the trips were and type of traffic ( stop start or flowing )
There is no FIXED regen interval - it all depends on soot loading of the dpf.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
As above, the regen will happen when it wants to. Mine is about once a month but it is whenever it needs to depending on driving.

You need to go for a drive as soon as the dpf filter light comes on though. Go for a long drive down the motorway until the light goes off. You must stay above the threshold (35kph I believe), otherwise you will stop the process, interrupting the process will illuminate more lights and the car will be very sluggish at this point.

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
Every two or three months !!! - hahahahaha - stop fretting - you seriously don't have a problem.

Mine regens around once a month that I know of.

It's all dependant on miles covered, how long the trips were and type of traffic ( stop start or flowing )

There is no FIXED regen interval - it all depends on soot loading of the dpf.

Oh right ok I'll stop fretting then lol, thanks for your help mate much appreciated

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
As above, the regen will happen when it wants to. Mine is about once a month but it is whenever it needs to depending on driving.

You need to go for a drive as soon as the dpf filter light comes on though. Go for a long drive down the motorway until the light goes off. You must stay above the threshold (35kph I believe), otherwise you will stop the process, interrupting the process will illuminate more lights and the car will be very sluggish at this point.

Yeah I've never had the DPF light on yet only seen the glow plug light flashing when it's been force regen

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
Just one last question chaps, sometimes it will go into this active regen not long after the car has started so the temp is not even at 90 half way...

Nwr161282

Jul 26, 2016
Ok this is my first post so please bear with me.

My girlfriend has a 2010 1.6cr tdi sport Ibiza. Car has 66,000 miles on the clock.

Recently we have started having the dreaded glow plug light start flashing. This was followed by the engine management light coming on. I got a mate to check the error code and it came up with the following error.

DPF diff pressure switch bank 1

He cleared the code an went for a regen run.
Sadly the next day the glow plug light came back on so I told the Misses to drive the car between 2000 and 2500 rpm this cleared the flashing glow plug light. So at the weekend I added some DPF cleaning additives to the fuel and went for a long a road drive keeping the revs between 2k and 2.5k so I thought that would be it sorted. But sadly not. Today on her way to work the misses has text saying both lights have came back on. I don't drive her car that often and can say I have never noticed the car doing a regen. We have never had the DPF light come on during driving it only comes on then off on start up.

Should I get a forced regen done or do you think it's possibly a sensor at fault. I would like to keep the car as its a good little car. But these issues I've had lately I'm thinking its time to get rid.

Any help greatly appreciated.

david mead

Sep 18, 2016
Hi I'm a bit late to the party but can anyone suggest which OBD2 scanner to buy for Ibiza 1.6tdi cr. I've never used one before so a basic version would be most suitable. Cheers Dave

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise