dpf light coming on and now exhust light is on

bubbles1986

Sep 23, 2008
Northern Ireland
Hi I was driving my FR yesterday and the DPF light came on shortly after this the exhust light came on i gvie my car a good run up the moterway this morning to try and clear the filter but both the lights have stayed on. Has this happend to anyone else or should i maybe ring a garage incase it is a sensor away in the exhust

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
What do you mean by the exhaust light? Do you mean the coil light? If so then I'd suggest taking it to a dealers.

bubbles1986

Sep 23, 2008
Northern Ireland
it looks like a little gear box i checked the manual last night and it just said its to do with your exhust but i was thinking its maybe to do with the dpf filter being clogged up and it maybe just need a good run to clean it out

bubbles1986

Sep 23, 2008
Northern Ireland
quick update rang seat yesterday and they said try and go for 15mins at over 2500 reves so just over 50 in forth gear for 15 mins this should fix the problem done that this mornings and now a little light with 2 circle's is flashing it me so i will need to ring them about it :cry:

mikependleton

I had exactly the same problem, but mine went into limp mode. You'll know if yours does that. Anyway, 5 hours at the dealers and it was all fixed, faulty sensor and a new engine map, or new engine map recalibrated the sensor. My DPF was 56% full, should regenerate on its own about 30% (apparantly).

Good Luck.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I've just had a DPF sensor go yesterday (51k), & its already been replaced previously @ 19k

Dealer cant fit me in for almost 2 weeks, which I cant afford to be off the road for.

Spoke to the guys at the independant garage that service her, £39 for the sensor & they'll fit it FOC, part ordered yesterday from SEAT, being fitted today

I know it should be under warranty, but I just cant be arsed with the poor service for such a small amount of cash.

khan

help me!!!!!!

hi all..iv recently bought a leon fr diesel and whilst driving it lost all power!!
2days before this happened a orange light with many small dots came on but didnt think nothing of it..when it lost power the engine management light also came on. have taken it to the dealers but even the technicians there are having trouble in finding out what the problem is as the diagnostics computer is not picking up the problem....can someone please shed some light on this problem i will be most gratefull!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.