Drivers door not registering when open

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
Hi Guy’s,

I have a small problem with my driver’s door. When I unlock the car and open the drivers door the car does not register this i.e. the fuel pump doesn’t prime, the memory seats don’t go back to their position and the alarm goes off if haven’t shut the door or will lock up again if I have. I can get around this by getting in and turning the ignition round to the first click to prime the pump etc…

I suspect it is a relay or sensor or something along those lines. Any advice would be of a great help.

Thanks all.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
switch system in the door lock solenoid ?

saying that - does it turn the interior light on ? iirc it comes on when you unlock but sit in and try it after its gone off - might just be a courtesy light switch ?

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
Hi Fl@pper, the interior lights come on when I unlock the car. But if I stop, leave the engine on and open the drivers door, the lights will not come on like they used to. Not sure about a courtsey light switch as openning the door when cold, does not set the memory seats back, prime the fuel pump and turn the alarm off.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ye its the alarm thing thats leaning me towards looking at the door solenoid as it were - mmmm

in fact iirc yours has the light switch built in to that solenoid

1 - does the courtesy light work ok from the other doors

2 - using drivers or passenger door locks with the key does it alter the fault/light ?

just thinking of easy things to do to narrow it down

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
Hi,

1) The light works fine from any other door
2) If you use the key rather than the remote, I have the same problem.

If I unlock the car (either with the key or remote) and open anything other than the drivers door the alarm is deactivated. However, if I close everything and leave the drivers door open, the lights will turn off after a short while.

I'm thinking it is a switch, solenoid, fuse, sensor etc as it is affects only the drivers door.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
points to the drivers door solenoid worth checking it out but its part of the whole door catch assy in that door - not much can be done with em apart from testing really

inspecting at least you should be able to replicate what the switch does and see if it cures it that way ?

even worth comparing it with the passenger side for the sake of 2 door trims off and a multimater ?

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
Thanks for this mate, its a great help. One more thing! can you point me in the right direction as to where in the door the solenoid maybe. I've had the trip off a few timres before (window mech, new door lock and bust seals - the usual).

Thanks mate.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the solenoid is the big part on the inside and is part combined with the latch assy that holds the door closed

inside the door to the rear about half way up

ill send you a pm and email you a pic if it helps?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.