Driveshaft nut Torque setting?

mattstead

Hi all, just in the process of changing the front wheel bearing on my Mk2 16v Ibiza Cupra, I've just ordered a haynes manual but not recieved it yet... Does anyone know the correct torque figure for doing up the 30mm nut on the end of the driveshaft through the hub?

Many thanks.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Have you undone the nut yet?

That'll give you an idea as to how tight :) I gave my manual away when I got rid of my last Mk2 - but believe me, it's tight.

mattstead

Yeah got all the hub off with suprisingly little difficulty (thank god it not a 10 year old Ford),

Thanks for the quick suggestion of 3ft cracker bar + 14 stone standing on it = torque setting. I suppose technically it does, but I can't do the maths, and I'd like it a bit more accurate than just tight.

Thanks again for your suggestion though -it may well end up being what I do.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol, same weight / length moment force that I used to get mine off then.

I didn't do them up quite so tight though

mattstead

I supose if we both used the same weight and tool then it's almost an official figure :D

mattstead

Apparently 265 Nm is 195Ft Lbs. Is that figure the same on the ibiza with the 2.0 16v engine as it is in that golf??? if So thanks to everyone for their help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Apparently 265 Nm is 195Ft Lbs. Is that figure the same on the ibiza with the 2.0 16v engine as it is in that golf??? if So thanks to everyone for their help.

Yep, I remember that because I laughed when I noticed I had to tighten it with more torque than the engine produces lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise