Drop links fouling arch lining?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
I have done a search and found nothing specific just a few mentions. With the car on quite allot of lock i get the droplinks rubbing on the arch lining, has anyone else had these problems? I have had a quick look but its dark, i think you will be able to trim the arch lining back where its fouling so will hopefully do that tomorrow. Its not a case of shorter ones because they will still mount in the same place and rub on the lining, just the fact the lining has been brought further down towards the floor with it been lowered.

Any other guidance will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
My tyres were rubbing the arch lining on full lock so the dealer had to cut away some of the lining, not sure about the drop links though.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
My tyres are too sometimes lmao but thats my fault. Im just gonna have to go invest in some files/ hacksaw blades tomorrow :p

I have only noticed it when going on and off my drive but it just gets annoying, doesnt look like it does it by much! Will give me a good excuse to clean and regrease the coilies too!

Is yours lowered is it Crafoo?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
No it's not mate, standard setup which confused me a little to be honest, I couldn't understand how a factory car could rub the arch liners on full lock but it was lol

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If youve lowered on Coilovers then you will need to cut away the Archliners

If you look you will be able to see where the tyres are scrubbing , Basically just cut it all away , Also there is a screw at 12 o'clock on the arch , cut that away

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.