• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

dump valve recomendations

mouse1989

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Jul 10, 2008
Wokingham/Reading
As there are so many choices of dump valves for a cupra mk4, is there any recomendations on which one to get?

Any input it much apprecaited.

Mass:)

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Yes , 007P is THE most popular
But Forge also do the SplitR valve
That is part recirc part atmosheric

As has been said , the valve is recirc as standard , so if you fully dump in to the atmsphere , then you can get issues

Hope that helps?
Sarah

myslilyyli

Apr r1 dump valve is maintenance free.

Last edited by a moderator:

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
Got a split r on my lcr sounds good, had the car remapped 2day an sounds even better worth gettin if you want a woosh noise an keep the recirculation had no problems with it an been running it for over a year :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
so forge is the way forward right?

i deffinetly want the sound... but dont wanna ruin the turbo.

so its ok to by a blow off valve ?
I dont think these engines take well to the blow off valves mate heard of a few management lights come on if i were you id go for the Forge 007P and open cone filter it does make a nice noise aswell and nobody has had problems with them.

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
Yea I'd go for forge 007p or the split r wouldn't get a bailey or anything like tha coz the ecu requires the recirculation an might throw a code

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
No point getting the Split-R its a waste of money in my opinion.
My 007P and a cone filter (Which you will undoubtably get) is so loud I cant see the need for a split-r.

When I say loud if I turn my stereo (Standard alana) to 27 I can still hear it dumping air.

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
can you get a forge 007p dump valve on a cupra tdi?

Had a splitter r on my s3 n i personally thought i wasted my money. couldn't hear it at all.

mouse1989

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Jul 10, 2008
Wokingham/Reading
Thanks for your help.

Ill propably go with the forge 007p with the open cone filter.

Any suggestions wher to buy these 2 items from ? preferbly internet sites.

Mass

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members