eBay cable and software?

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Got my cable a couple of days ago. Didn't install the kind of ghost system mentioned away back on page 8, just disabled the internet connection on my laptop, installed the software and it worked straight away. Only managed to enable the staging so far before the wife chased me cause we were late for dinner.....

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Got the staging, alarm chirp and quick fold mirrors done. Followed the Stemei guide but can't get the carbon fibre effect to show as the screen background or the laptimer to come up. Can anyone help?

Ewan

May 7, 2008
VCDS Version 12.12.2

Hi

I got mine from Cobdtrade a few days ago.

Got it working using version 12.12.0 on my XP laptop connects to my MK3 Leon just fine (184 has yet to arrive)

Noticed on the installation disc that came with the cable that there is a .rar installation file containing version 12.12.2.

Anyone tried this version with a Chinese cable?

Don't want to fry the cable:(

Thanks for you help

kopnyr

Nov 8, 2013
Nitra, Slovakia
Hello Ewan,

it is possible to analyse your 12.12.2 version. Pls send me your installation 12.12.2 rar file via some upload/download server.

Thank you in advance.

Rob

Ewan

May 7, 2008

Hi

When I tried to extract the contents I got a checksum error so it appears that the far file is corrupt so that's the end of that.

I have emailed cobdtrade so I will wait to hear from them

Ewan

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I'm running mine on W7 but not all the software for these cables seem the same.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
it have been proven around here that running the software in a virtual machine with WinXP is the best option...

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Looking at buying the $18.99 one from aliexpress, do I install the software that comes with it or do I need to download something?

Ewan

May 7, 2008
Looks like 12.12.2 is required for the latest builds as 12.12.0 cannot read all the codes correctly egg you can no longer set rear DRL

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Be good when current beta is made full version, currently beta 14.6, May be able to do more esp as ross tech now have a MQB plantform car to test on. Rain closing is a definite thing that will work now the RHLS can be coded correctly.

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
I've tried the mirror drop as some said with a being new build should be and it's not working, but i've just reversed on to my drive with light's on for first time and the fog's came on.

Anybody in rochdale or oldham or manchester fancy a play let me know please.

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
Tried again today n still no luck, have to get a lead if can't find someone in the area lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.