Eibach Prodamper Kit & Koni fsd

push110

Hi

Sorry if i haven't worded this very well

There's been quite a few people fitting the koni fsd's and eibach springs to there cars recently, i believe it doesn't lower the car very much, maybe around 20mm or so.

Could anyone tell me how much the eibach prodamper kit and springs would lower the car, would it be roughly the same.

Thanks

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
It is reputed to be 40mm on the kit i got. but the actual drop is probably only around 20mm. it is noticable and the handling is much improved. This was, of course, on a standard tolly.
i think the LC and LCR will have slightly lowered sports suspension anyway.....the drop, therefore, may not be very noticable.

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
I put Koni Yellow sports shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs on my LC.
Eibach say it lowers it upto 40mm, however as the Cupra has lowered suspension anyway over a normal Leon it was actually more like 15mm all round, to say 20mm would be a little too much.
It still made it noticable lower over standard and has changed the ride making it much less bouncy bouncy and handle fantastically.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
I put 35 mm Eibachs on my LC, i was dissapointed in the drop as i wanted it a lot lower, hence the purchase of the Coilies.

But the difference in ride was noticable, a lot stiffer and felt a lot better.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hey , you may find it varies by car
But it should be around 35mm drop with the Pro kit
Eibach do a Sportline kit that lowers it more , but it is not reccomended to use the sportsline with the FSD`s
Sarah

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
I put 35 mm Eibachs on my LC, i was dissapointed in the drop as i wanted it a lot lower, hence the purchase of the Coilies.

But the difference in ride was noticable, a lot stiffer and felt a lot better.

As you prob know now junking the std shocks and springs transforms the car!
Just changing the springs as you did first of all might have made it better but with proper shocks too its in another league! :)
Personally I'm happy with it only looking a little lower. The setup I have allows me to adjust damping by hand at the front and at the rear with them off the car (not very practical).
I had them set midway between soft and hard setting when they were installed last year and I've no complaints and no need to adjust them so far.

push110 - Basically if you want it slammed get a Sportline kit with sports shocks or get coilovers

Last edited:

Deleted member 7729

I'm toying with the shocks only idea from JKM... but got 60k service and discs next week

is it worth £300 - £500 for the shocks...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I think you should do it Mikey... simply because I'm tempted to do the same myself, so if you go ahead and get the shocks we could meet and compare ;)

Deleted member 7729

indeed. but it's a **** load more money again.

i was looking at changing to a LCR... but that's even more :( the R32 got blow out of the water after kings wanted £16.5k for a STANDARD spec R32... err leather, sat nav etc etc.

60k service next week i reckon's gong to be £700+

waterside meet as i know there a few from that way. I'm portswood at the moment, but looking at a shared owernship barratts home in dibden

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Well if you want a test drive in an LCR let me know. Once I've got my car back I'm more than happy for you to have a poke around it.

Deleted member 7729

Cool..

considerations at the mo, pending money and what happens with a house... need to buy one... :(
LCR
S3
R32
MK5 GTi
S-line A4 quattro

Thing is with these shocks is that it's another £575... it's a LOT of money :(

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's a lot of money if you're considering swapping cars, that's for sure.

My thoughts on that list...

LCR is a logical step up in terms of performance and handling, but more of an evolution rather than revolution, if you know what I mean?
S3 is similar but with nicer seats, 4WD and better build quality. More expensive though.
R32... I'd rather have the S3 or the LCR which will offer just as much performance for less money.
Mk5 GTi... great car by all accounts, best option so far IMO
A4... Not my cup of tea personally. A more tame option I think.

If I were in your shoes it would come down to the LCR, S3 or Mk5 GTi depending on your priorities.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I have the Eibach Prodamper kit and Eibach springs on mine - 35mm down, it doesn't look like it - however the handling is better and so is the ride quality. I don't think mine looks or is any lower than cars i've seen with eibach springs and fsd dampers.

I don't think i'd want to go any lower unless all the roads i drive on were speed bump free and runway smooth - i can get the plastic undertray to 'bark' on lumpy roads as it is. Not sure if the LC/LCR have a higher sump than my Cupra Tdi though.

Deleted member 7729

add keep the current motor and stash cash.. I'm on 60k at the moment and running mine to the 100k is a serious option at the mo. Problem is i look at my car with it's milage and age as dead wood...

I do like the S3 but it'd have to be a late model one. I still love the R32 though..

depends if you want the turbo kicking in or the nice smooth power of a V6..

It's the quattro based models i want to move too. If the LCR came with leather recaros it'd certainly move up the pile.

but changing to a new car also costs a lot of £££

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7729

I have the Eibach Prodamper kit and Eibach springs on mine - 35mm down, it doesn't look like it - however the handling is better and so is the ride quality. I don't think mine looks or is any lower than cars i've seen with eibach springs and fsd dampers.

I don't think i'd want to go any lower unless all the roads i drive on were speed bump free and runway smooth - i can get the plastic undertray to 'bark' on lumpy roads as it is. Not sure if the LC/LCR have a higher sump than my Cupra Tdi though.

better, but £575 better that's the key point... In what way is the handling different. would be interesting to know the handling differences between a petrol and a TDI cupra

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I've never driven a petrol LC so probably not the best person to ask. Is it £575 better, good question - probably not however the improvement in handling and looks just about makes it worthwhile. I find the car less nervous at speed, it doesn't dive over bumps like it used to and with the extra weight of speakers in the back the uprated springs and dampers were a nescessity really. I was going to get just the springs but had some cash spare so figured i'd change them at some point and that point might as well be 'now' all at the same time.

I think the main difference between the two would be the extra weight of the engine in the Tdi - i've only got 190ish bhp and i'm eating tyres at the same rate as the LCR crowd are :)

Deleted member 7729

mmm further research certainly required.. My daily drive is up the M3 and back again, so not thrilling etc...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise