Eibach Prodamper Kit & Koni fsd

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
mmm further research certainly required.. My daily drive is up the M3 and back again, so not thrilling etc...

In that case the Koni FSD's would be perfect for you. Their selling point is the fact that they offer superior comfort when driving normally, better than standard by all accounts, but then when you're going for more of a spirited drive they firm up automatically and offer the road holding and damping you need. FSD = Frequency Selective Damping I believe. Clever stuff.

So in your situation, pottering up the M3 each day will be smoother than it is now... but when you decide to take the scenic route home to have a play, it will perform better than it does now too :D

Deleted member 7729

Mmm interesting point..

Still tempted to get a LCR or a S3...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I agree entirely, if you're considering changing the car I wouldn't spend any more money at all on it. But if you're looking at modifying the Cupra.... that's a different story.

Deleted member 7729

Ohh decisions decisions. Kings offered me 6k for my car, so I'm like :( as they want another 5k for a LCR

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7729

Another thought is to get the FSD shocks, but stick with standard springs..

Just a shame that the Cupra and Cupra R don't share the same FSDs

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i have Eibach pro dampers and Eibach springs on my lcr. Reckon it lowered it about 15-20mm max. Ride quality is better than standard. Here is a pic of mine with Eibach suspension ( excuse the dirt)

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I have the Eibach Pro Springs/FSD Combo also.

Car is about 15mm lower than standard - certainly is NOT the 30mm that the springs state they can drop to.

I'd expect somewhere around 15-25mm drop - thats what everyone else with this combo seems to get.

Very good, highly recommended :D

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
i have Eibach pro dampers and Eibach springs on my lcr. Reckon it lowered it about 15-20mm max. Ride quality is better than standard. Here is a pic of mine with Eibach suspension ( excuse the dirt)

IMG_0330.jpg

Hey Neil, that is the kind of drop I would like my LCR to have, looks nice and subtle.

By the way, if those pics were taken this week, I hope the bucket and sponge is making an appearance this weekend!:lol:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Off topic:
A sponge! Grrr... don't inflict such cr*p cleaning materials like that!

Now if you had said a lambswool washmitt, along with some waffle weave towels then you'd be right ;)

On topic :)

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have Eibach springs and dampers on my 20vt Cupra. Much much better, but not the improvement you would expect for £500+ - you get more bang for buck out of a rear ARB, but then your'e still stuck with the poor rebound from.

Drop is noticable but not slammed, just what i was after to be honest... cant be bothered with the hassle on speed humps and like.

Bizarrely its much comfier whilst being much firmer, so that tells you a lot about how badly setup the car is from the factory!

Worth noting too that the Eibach rear ARB if you ever want one, doesn't fit the Cupra or the R as it fouls the exhaust. I found that out AFTER i'd fitted it to the car, and had to remove it, and now have a Neuspeed bar sitting awating fitting :)

Anyway, heres my car on a miserable day up north..

385381973_5e48278b7e_o.jpg

Deleted member 7729

I think you should do it Mikey... simply because I'm tempted to do the same myself, so if you go ahead and get the shocks we could meet and compare ;)

I've put my name down for it at JKM.. I get the car serviced this Friday, but they won't be fitted this week due to time constraints