Electric window roll back

epj1987

Oct 12, 2009
Hi,

My drivers side electric window goes all the way to the top for the roll back to kick in and go back down straight away for me then to have to hold the switch until it closes on the second attempt.

Is this a regulator problem as seems to be common on alot of ibizas or can the windows be reset by disconnecting the battery?

Cheers in advance for any help

Seref

Stupid windows!

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread but I have a very similar problem to this.

My drivers side window goes all the way up when you press the one touch switch but then immediately goes 2/3's the way down again only for it to back back up and stay up when you hold the switch (one touch doesn't work).

It still does it even if you hold the switch to make it go up, it's only on the second time it stays up.

It used to do it occasionally but now it's every single time, so as you can imagine it gets pretty annoying, especially if your in a rush or it's started raining! :mad:

So anyone have any ideas? :shrug:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I've had this happen to me too. It comes and goes, I've not replaced anything. Check there's nothing obstructing the window at the top, it may think there's something in the way so the anti-squeeze cuts in.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Check in the runner for the glass, and get some silicon spray grease to lubricate the guides, sounds like the glass is experiencing too much friction as it gets up which activates the anti-squeeze.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise