elininator kit needs mapping

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
not sure mate been told will be around 350 or so but we will wait and see.
there is one inthe states with similar spec and did 364 at the wheels
was not going to do anything to it happy with it std until 2 weeks before christmas turbo failed and this is what happens when i get bored and need somethin to do. lol

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
How did you manage to get turbo so quick? where you buy it from?
Got the link to car in states?
Cheers Mark

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
got the turbo direct from atp inthe states and it was one of their cars they had the info on and sent an email to me but deleted it. apparantly its on youtube somewhere doing a drag run. a white lcr.
everyone i speak to has no idea what it will run as no one has used the new kit, which actually fits.. :)
what you reckon it will throw out?

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
340bhp & 320lb/ft somewhere around theyre. But it'll be laggy. When did the guys from states come on full boost?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
not sure somehwere in the region of 600 hes saying so cheaper than revo stage 3

but then it's go no adjustable boost or timing - so you're stuck with what you get.

hopefully it'll be OK - but it will be well worth logging in the summer when it's warmer

I think it should do more than the power you're expecting

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
well we have got a manifold being made for it by atp at the mo and with the downpipe it should spin up a bit quicker. comes on full boost around 3500 from what they have said

m0rk what you reckon it will throw out. should start a sweepstake and winner takes all... lol

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
if you look at the US site there is some info on there. the attachment manifold for the turbo is now different and with the bits done to the engine and components used it sould spin up quicker than on a std car with the eliminator kit fitted.
only time will tell but will be good for over 350 i hope so will be bloody good fun to drive

m0rk what you reckon is worth doing then?

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Have you got a link to the US site with info? as ive been on vortex and they all have between 4500-5000 full boost.

Cant wait to see what yours makes, hopefully this will determine which turbo i go for next.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
I have a proper GT2871R mounted on a full equal length manifold with all the extras inc internals and made 360 BHP, could be more but it is a rich map to keep EGTS down. Yours certainly wont spool faster than mine. Power is strong from 3500 - 3600 in mine. GT2X elim was about the same, so yours can only be later i would have thought.

I reckon around 330 - 340 BHP.

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
i have an equal length mani as well and also just ordered a smoothed out plenum chamber and also engine has been fully lightened and balanced which will help with the figures but 330-340 is good for me
my elim kit is first one out for R/H drive so fits perfect,

only done this cause turbo went lol

davet175

wrx??? who are they?
Dec 2, 2007
hampshire
they are now but they weren't for a long time so all the issues you see on a lot of the threads on here are due to being supplied left hand drive equipment.

the equal length manifold is coming from a company called xs-power £299 so was a good price also got an inlet manifold from germany for 400 euros

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members