EnGbudd's Euro Ibiza mk2

May 31, 2008
Just a quick update, got a man from autoglass coming on thursday to replace to the windscreen. Have one hell of a crack luckily my insurance company covers this. Lowered the car another 5mm. Going to get camber and tracking done soon as my wheels are at quite an angle.

Strut brace coming soon, will fit that then give the engine bay a big clean. then just a valet, wash and wax. Then some more pictures :D

Heres one i took yesterday, this is probably the dirtiest my car has been since i got it.

DSC04580.jpg

oo maybe just one more from a few days ago

ilovemycar.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2008
Oh yeah forgot to mention about getting skirts, finding a gti at the local breakers is a nightmare.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Cheers guys, i try to keep the inside and outside as clean as possible. I wash the car every weekend using Fairy washing up liquid as the soap, i chamois the car and then use black turtle car wax. Brings it up lovely.

Nice car, but fairy liquid is not designed for cars! It's too harsh and will break down the wax. After all, washing up liquid is designed to break down grease! Cheap shampoo from Halfords would be so much better.

Cheers,
Anthony :)

May 31, 2008
Ah i didn't have any idea it broke down the wax, will try the proper shampoo then :)
cheers for the advice.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I would recommend using the Autoglym range mate. I like it for doing my car and thats all I use. That and some of the Simoniz bumper and tyre black.

Thats my opinion though and it will depend what you would like using the best. Everyone likes using different stuff, personal opinion/preference in the end though.

May 31, 2008
whilst im buying my bolt for my bloody pedal box i think i will have a look for some autoglym shampoo then :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.