EPC Light on dash and Car wont start, like immobiliser is stopping it but can bump it

moz4321

On my 51 reg seat ibiza MK3 i have an epc warning light on my dash, also the engine was running roughly going from 500rpm to over 1200 rpm constantly revving up and down. so we then put it on a machine in the garage it said that the light switch is faulty, but we had just put a new one in but any way the guy reset all settings and sorted the problem, light went out, car was running brilliantly, and when we switched it off the light came back on, so while running the guy did the reset again and a tone in the engine changed as soon as it finished :S. Also i have had a problem in starting the car, it only starts when it wants to, like the immobiliser is stopping it but it cant be because we can jump start it? the starter motor works because wee put mains on it and it run strait away. when the key is turned all lights come on dash and the following stays on, battery light, hand break warning light,epc and beeps i wait a few seconds to make sure all good and the starter motor doesnt engage what so ever like no power is getting through at all, key thob doesnt lock and unlock car although it did when i first got it but wasnt brilliant had to do it a few times then.

any ideas would be a great help cheers moz :D

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Could be a number of things.

Is it cranking ok? If not, check the battery on the car, it may need replacing.

Check all fuses inside the car, and ontop of the battery.

Replace the battery in your key fob, lock and unlock the car a few times, try restarting again.

Long shot, but is there enough fuel in the car?

Last edited:

moz4321

even when we had a pack on the battery it still wouldnt turn, but wen we put direct power onto the starter motor it turned over and run strait away, i do have fuel in, just not getting power to the starter motor, dunno if it has anything to do with the imbobiliser but im sure it wouldnt start at all if it was that, i am going to put a new battery in the key and check the battery again, cheers for the post :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.