Error Codes - any idea

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
2 Faults Found:

05522 - Unknown Error Code

006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent

00257 - ABS Inlet Valve: Front Left (N101)

006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent

any idea what to check of the ABS one, also do you reakon the 05522 one is related to the ABS error

puts the car in to limp mode with coil light flashing

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
I had the short to plus error along with 2 sensor errors. Had the sensors replaced 3 times and a new ECU. Turned out to be a section of the wiring loom occasionally falling into the fan and shorting out.

So, the logical step is to change the sensor, but perhaps have a ferret round the wiring whilst you're down there.

Jon

JonTelfer

On the crab
Jan 24, 2007
Ask for someone to scan your car in the vag-com section and go from there. Must be someone in Liverpool that can help you out.

nik8280

Excessive Pollution Light

Hi,

I just bought my 2001 leon cupra 20VT yesterday and to my horror today I have an excessive pollution light on, I have read up on it but it seems it could be a number of things, I live in Milton Keynes can anybody help with a good dealer as I cant afford to be ripped off, apart from this I am loving my car and just want to get it sorted. Thanks

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Hi,

I just bought my 2001 leon cupra 20VT yesterday and to my horror today I have an excessive pollution light on, I have read up on it but it seems it could be a number of things, I live in Milton Keynes can anybody help with a good dealer as I cant afford to be ripped off, apart from this I am loving my car and just want to get it sorted. Thanks
your posting in the mk2 forum, check the mk1 forum i'm sure they'll help.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
I had the short to plus error along with 2 sensor errors. Had the sensors replaced 3 times and a new ECU. Turned out to be a section of the wiring loom occasionally falling into the fan and shorting out.

So, the logical step is to change the sensor, but perhaps have a ferret round the wiring whilst you're down there.

Jon

where is the sensor located?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.