esp light problem-could it be wheel alignment?

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
have already mentioned this ,but just looking to find out if rear wheel was out of allignment whether it would bring up a fault on esp .as i have found my rear drivers side wheel was toe out by 2.0mm-should be 0.5mm.and the front was slightly out but nowhere as much.as said it,s going in tues anyway for a check and to reset if not major fault,or warranty repair if major........any thoughts

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
:shrug:I do not think the problem you had with wheel alignment will fault the esp but you never know.Someone else who knows more than me about this may reply to you m8.
Seems like a few others are having esp problems too.
Also you could have put your remark on your previous thread bud.

Last edited:
May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
one thing you forgot to mention "how does it drive?" is it smooth rough etc? if its driving fine it could be a fault on wiring if not the sensor needs to be checked if the car is completely out of alignment then i would understand why the light would come on and stay on but like everyone is saying this is rather unlikely

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
sorry......the car drives fine,well it drives really smooth now but rumbled a bit till i had tracking/allignment done.i,d check more but don,t see the point when it,s still under warranty and seat should find the fault,i didn,t pay £14.000 to have a fault in first week after supposedly going through a 140 point check at pre-sale and a service before i picked it up..........should,ve taken back for wheel allignment but the garage i took it to specializes in four wheel allignment on all vag group cars and have used for all my cars in past

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
as i mentioned in your other post, it will likely be ABS control module it's a common VW issue. Google it and you'll see.

Get it into the garage and hooked up to vagcom and that will diagnose the fault.

Just make sure you do it before the warranty goes.

cmc

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
been over today to huddersfield seat,guess what on checking on vag i have a fault with abs module:(. explained was probabley one of the faulty batch in 2007 and because not done many miles, has surfaced now due to more regular use.has been booked in for 3rd august for fitting new module:happy:.........so just as most of you thought:whistle:,good job in warranty

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.