Euro style Number plates

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
I saw these on a Golf the other day and fancy getting some, does anyone know where I can get a set? I know the law has recently changed and a lot of places wont do weird fonts on plates now. Cheers TF

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
dubmeister is the place i got mine from -

www.dubmeister.co.uk

fairly cheap and fast delivery

As above says mate. dubmeister
They do pressed plates of your original font and also leave there little post code stamp to the centre middle to show they are legal.

There's a few companys on ebay that do them, some in a german font so you'll get a £30 fixed penalty when pulled.

You can also get SEAT plate holders instead of wolfburg edition for vw etc

You'll need to send dubmeister your V5 just like you have to produce it in halfords these days

Think they still £30 a pair of plates, £5 postage(free postage if ordered at shows)
About £20 a pair of holders

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
if you get caught selling illegal plates now you can get fined £2000 so dont think to many people advertise on ebay anymore.

as for geting pulled....only trafic cops will pull you over as normal police panda cars wont be arsed about them. Ive had mine on for ages and havnt even had as much as a second glance!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
if you get caught selling illegal plates now you can get fined £2000 so dont think to many people advertise on ebay anymore.

as for geting pulled....only trafic cops will pull you over as normal police panda cars wont be arsed about them. Ive had mine on for ages and havnt even had as much as a second glance!

Yep Ive had mine on for ages and mine are in german font. Had them on for over a year and never had a problem with them, have even been pulled over by a normal panda car and they didnt do anything. One of the officers even ran their finger down the slash in the zero.

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs

Seller on ebay called matriches states his location as germany so he obviously gets away with being chased up.

Had german font plates on my ibiza for a couple of years. Missus used the car for her daily 60 mile round trip to work. Got pulled by traffic cop on my way to collect a panel in Diss norfolk and get fined £30
If i did'nt have the dash in between digits, i probs woulda got away.

kirsti.c

mk3 ibiza tdi
Apr 1, 2008
Maryburgh by Dingwall
the bf had set of pressed plates on his 2nd polo and tried using what sounds like the same things you are but im sure they kpt coming off. maybe he just didnt use enough or something.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
well the first pack i had where gash and did keep coming off when i washed the car put the second pack i used where alot stronger and now they wont budge.

just try and bend the plate slighty to the shape of the car becuase its not 100% flat.

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Cheers folks, it seems that everyones got weird plates at the minute and some of them make you wonder how they get away with it, Suppose as long as its clear and legible the dibble have got bigger fish to fry!, ive been runnin around with a plate no bigger than a postage stamp on my R6 for ages now and even had a cop car behind me at some lights they didnt bother, as a lot of you have said just stay clear of the motorways!! Cheers again, TF:clap:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
and will it bend ok? chances r id be unlucky and snap it or something lol.

Heath it up a bit first in the oven or somthing. Metal bends better when its warm.

As for the motorway. Again, no problems myself but motorway cops are a bit arsey !

Also, if you do ever see a panda car on the motorway...just speed past him. He cant stop you !..nomally everyone just does 70.

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Just been on Dubmeister, like I said i thought the law had changed, they arent doing pressed plates for UK registrations now...Dammit!!![:@]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.