Evo 9 FMIC on a Leon Cupra????

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hi,

i have just been offered an FMIC quite cheap off of an Evo 9. Anyone reckon it will be ok to fit to the 1.8t? Let me know otherwise, as im only thinking to get it, as its cheap.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Without knowing the dimensions and layout of the cooler it will be very hard to tell you! Is it twin pass or single pass? What size? :)

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
you can fit any intercooler but its a case of Re route the pipework to fit.ive got a 4x4 cossie cooler going on i need to sort out the pipework for that

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
If you go to big on the IC its more area for the spool of boost to fill, resulting in more turbo lag, think it as comparing a bike tyre to a car tyre, they both run typically at 33psi, but the car tyre will take 5-6 times as long to fill, so the boost will initially have to fill a larger area taking longer !,

edit, i fail, beaten to it!

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
this is also a good point,so realy you need to be getting somthing a simalar size to both SMICs put together,that way your getting no more lag than you would with the OE setup but you will get alot more cold air??

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Oh and don't forget you'll need to retain that front crash bar.......I'm not sure your insurance company will understand when you make a claim if you say 'I just removed it cos it's in the way'.

That's why kits from people like Forge are expensive because they include a replacement crash bar modified to fit a larger FMIC.....

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise