Exhaust drone

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
Hi guys just got new exhaust fitted complete custom job straight the whole way from the car with two 12inch back boxes... Car is niw way to loud loads of drone on motorway and even lots of vibration under high revs... I've heard of people with decat system but hiw do they stick the noise In the cabin I really feel like my head is going to explode I've added a pic of what's now in place an opinions would be appreciated...
Thanks Sam

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_182418.jpg
    IMG_20211013_182418.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 158

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Put the oem one back, or get a system designed for the car i.e. Miltek. A custom backbox isn't usually tuned for the car so can be good or bad tbh.

You should also put a resonator in as those are for reducing drone. I don't personally have one on my cupra but still have two backboxes (oem) which mute it enough still :)

Reactions: RUM4MO

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
How is it you have 2 back boxes on your cupra and mine had 1 oem? I might try a Resonator in the middle see if that will reduce drone enough it sounds really good under harsh acceleration but cruising is just horrible... 👍

Steve J

May 26, 2019
How is it you have 2 back boxes on your cupra and mine had 1 oem? I might try a Resonator in the middle see if that will reduce drone enough it sounds really good under harsh acceleration but cruising is just horrible... 👍
I have the estate Cupra 300 they have two boxes one each side

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Ahh ok and does yours have a Resonator in the middle?
No I removed it. It doesn't really drone on the estates. but if you're on a hatch back then I'd go Res delete stock backbox. Otherwise it's up to you. Different tolerances between people to be honest

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
See I had res deleted and standard back box and I wanted more sound now I'm sorry I went at it if I'm honest I'm gonna stick a res back init and see how goes at this stage I'm to deep no init to just put stock back on... 👍

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise