Exhaust Question

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows if there would be any problems in putting a Cupra backbox on a diesel FR ? I've been offered one as someone has put a aero kit on their cupra, but wasn't sure if there would be any problems with it.

Cheers

Julian

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Shouldn't be a problem, although the Cupra backbox may need some modifying to get it fitted correctly.

Someone has already done the mod on here, so I'm sure they will coment and provide some useful tips.

noddyFR

Leon FR tdi 205+
Mar 20, 2008
Prestwick
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows if there would be any problems in putting a Cupra backbox on a diesel FR ? I've been offered one as someone has put a aero kit on their cupra, but wasn't sure if there would be any problems with it.

Cheers

Julian

Boolandy,

I have a custom 6"x4" stainless steel back box on my 2007 Leon FR TDi and caused no problems. The guy had to cut and weld pipes on to get it to join, the old rear silencer was massive compared to my little box (similar in size to a 2 litre juice bottle), it gives off a nice wee rumble when warmed up and supposed to have released some BHP....:)

There will be no problems with the cupra one

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
If the exhaust system your getting has been cut off just before the silencer then it will fit fine with a sleeve over it as the hangers are the same, but if it's from the CAT then extra pipework is needed, I bought a Milltek Cupra exhaust that was CAT back and needed about 1m of extra pipework.

Danny.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.