Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

Xe

Bah! Always get excited when I see this thread pop up ...only do be disappointed by no real news :blink:

Leonidas

21ep161.jpg

Look at the Ibiza in between the two highlighted Leons. Its not a Cupra :cartman:

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
I've already written this in another thread (someone thought it was the new bezza fr which it isn't because the side windows are all wrong).

Things i've noticed are that the front and rear lights are different on the highlighted silver car and and the back of the white one next to it. Also the grill of the silver one seems wider than that of the highlighted white areo kitted leon.

Just seems to be adding some styling ques from the new design language. Which I personally think is a shame because i really like the rear lights of a leon at night.

EDIT: Goes and looks at pics of the 5 door bezza... I could be wrong about that side windows comment.

Last edited:

Leonidas

The most thing I noticed with the silver Leon is the door frames are colour coded.
The grill does look a bit wider aswel

Poverty

Had a proper look now and compared to new ibiza pics and I can confirm that the white car is not a ibiza. The rear side window slants the wrong way. Possibly the arrival of a Leon SC?

Rear side window profile looks nothing like this! I really do think its a leon SC. How could would that be, as long as they update the interior and give the optiion of some recaro bucket seats like the S3 and R32!

seat_ibiza_sportcoupe_1.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they're probably right, they did 'launch' the new leon on the WTCC trucks months before any official pics were launched

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they will need a damn good kicking if that's the case.. luckily that's a really bad photoshop, but I think fairly accurate

Leonidas

The lights are definitely wrong, but the grill id say is about right. I still think all they needed to do is change the front bumper(like the Mk4 Ibiza facelift) and totally redesign the interior.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Facelifts are all about marketing.

If they let the Leon run its life for 6 years as it is what's the appeal to upgrade to a new one?

If they give it a facelift then at least you're upgrading to something that's a bit different to what you had before.

Also they can advertise it as the 'new' SEAT Leon, which will help it complete with other new and facelifted models.

warren_cox

Back from the dead

Grrr, they seem to be at it again. Knowing that SEAT were struggling you would think the marketing / branding people at SETA / VAG would have more sense. I hate the new style face of SEAT's, to me they are almost becoming the new 'Rover' of the 21st Century, and giving the success they have had with what they were I can't help but ask 'Why do this now?'

What a shame.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.