Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Personally I think the interior is great and I don't have any problems with it. It seems better put together than the R's. The dash has everything in the right place and is clear. It includes proper Cupra badging and I love the dark interiors on the top models.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :p

Scott

Don't tell me the centre console is well designed, I have nightmares about it ;)

seat_leon_cupra_interior_15_06_07.jpg

To be fair I like the clocks, wheel, and seats.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hmm, OK I'll let you have that one, I guess its.....functional!!

Surely you'd concede that the centre console is not particularly pleasing aesthetically, or made from highest quality materials?!?!?!?!

It's been scratch resistant compared to my R's dash. :) I like it. Everything is fitted together well. :D

Scott

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Ok it's not maybe all that bad but you can see how they've almost intentionally made it sub standard to its more expensive brother... the Golf, using like some reviewer said 'old parts seemingly scraped off the VAG floor' which ok is a bit of an exageration but you have to take their point.

It's just not up to the standard set by the exterior & it looks a bit drab & gloomy unless you maybe have a satnav model which normally makes it way too expensive for what it is.
I suppose it's all relative to what you're used to or have seen elsewhere but when you're talking about a fairly modern day hot-hatch you would normally expect more in general methinks.

You spend most of your time with the car actually inside it so they've fallen short & underestimated the importance of it for me. :(

Last edited:

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'd imagine (especially at night) that would look the shiznit! :funk:

Only other thing I don't like about it (the FR interior anyway) is the sheer number of FR logos everywhere, it's like "ok it's an FR - we get it!"

Does anyone actually like the gear knob? I prefer the seat sport one seen in the Linea R by far & wide. It looks not only more tasteful but ergonomic looking too.

Last edited:

saintelise

Personally I think the interior is great and I don't have any problems with it. It seems better put together than the R's. The dash has everything in the right place and is clear. It includes proper Cupra badging and I love the dark interiors on the top models.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :p

Scott

Ding - :clap: I agree - I'm more than happy with the interior - mind you after 4 years in a basic Elise anything seems bloody great :p

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Ding - :clap: I agree - I'm more than happy with the interior - mind you after 4 years in a basic Elise anything seems bloody great :p

exactly, like most things - it's all relative, mainly to whatever you're used to or maybe just what you expect after looking at other cars in the same hot hatch sector or whatever.

I agree it's not all that bad.. :)

LeonDK

Aug 10, 2004
Malmö
hello guys.

today I was at the local dealer. He apperantly had a visit from SEAT where the consultant had told him some things about what to change when the new Leon come..

1. New FR w. 170HK Petrol 1.4TSI engine
2. New ECO Motive w. better MPG figures
3. New Cupra R (!!!)
with 2.0TSI and 270HK
OPTIONAL DSG
new bumper design (MS design??)
new steeringwheel design (flat button!?)​

With regards to design of the rest he dident have any futher info about changes in exteriour design, but he said that the inside will be "updated to Ibiza quality" - buth NOTHING about design.

hmmm, cant wait now!!!

Maximus2000uk

In last weeks Autocar, there was a quote from a SEAT source, who mentioned that the company want to launch a 300bhp Leon to compete against the Focus RS. I cant remember all the details, but it should be on the Autocar website too somewhere.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.