Few Fitting Questions(Mocal Cooler,fuel pump ect)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right

1:
ive got a full Mocal oil cooler here and its the full kit with sandwich plate ect..No mountin the cooler isnt Important as theres a few places.
No how do i connect it up to the block? Does the Sandwich Plate Screw to the block then the oil filter then Connect the pipes up using Ptfe tape?

2:Im buying a walbro fuel Pump of jamie Bennett to upgrade my Old one...How does it fit is it pulling the rear seats up job?

3: whats a decent Oil and what Grade?

4: Fitting Bonnet catch Cable ? Simple job?

5:The charge Pipe on the ibiza is rather Small in Dia 55mm...Now i was Chatting to a mate of mine could i get the same custom charge pipe made up But with a Wider Dia?65mm+ or would'nt the bonnet close?

Any Info would be greatly appreacited :happy:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I thought the Walbro fuel pumps could be fitted in-line in the engine bay, but meant to be quite noisy.

As for the charge pipe, surely you'd want to keep the IC pipework all the same diameter, so unless you're going 65mm all over I don't see the advantage?

Decent oils are Silkolene Pro S and Motul 300V, both of which are ester based (available online from opie oils). A few people use Mobil 1 as well. Standard grade is 5w-40 but some of the bigger power boys have gone for 15w-50 so it thins out better when up to temperature. I'm not sure whether a K03s Hybrid would call for a thicker grade of oil - curious about this myself?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise