Filbro Platinum LCR bye bye - hello MK5 R32

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Lovely car mate, the wheels and the stance make all the difference. It looks hard as nails, seeing yours make me want to get my wheels painted and get a suspension kit.

So whats next in the agenda?

Jim

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Nice looking LCR here :)

In your signature, what tyres are you using there? Also, is the drop on the car that's in your sig, with the SPAX springs?

Hi jamjay - reply better late than never! not been on my readers ride for a while.......
Tyres in sig pic are Avon ZZ3.
Yes drop is with the spax springs :D

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Lovely car mate, the wheels and the stance make all the difference. It looks hard as nails, seeing yours make me want to get my wheels painted and get a suspension kit.

So whats next in the agenda?

Jim

Hi mate - did nothing with the car for ages, but have now fitted Forge race FMIC :D

Also sorted the jetex cone filter as per jon and jamjay and harty etc etc etc

Now thinking about painting charge pipe and inlet mani.

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Small update - tarted the bay up a bit:

001.jpg

Engine cover bought from JON while ago.
Inlet mani and charge pipe sprayed matt black.
Upper boost pipes replaced.
Jetex open cone with coupler etc to push nearer to inner wing.

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Very smart looking car, bay looks good simple and effective.

What kinda paint did u use for the bay?? High temp i quess

In the 1st pics is that a lighting in the background?? Where the hell do they get kept.lol

Cheers mate. In the end I used Halfords high temp aerosol paint. Went with Matt black, but i would say its more grey than black. Gives a nice finish. About £6 a can. Prep wise used wet and dry 1200 grit.
Used about 5 coats of paint. Couple of areas needed flatting out during coats where i went heavy. End result is perfect.

Pics with the Lightning are from Bruntingthorpe proving ground. Nice backdrop for car pics :)

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
Im still not sure if im gonna paint or polish mine yet,mmmmmmm

Yeah thats pretty cool, iv got tornados i can use for back grounds but meh they suck,lol

Polished looks awesome, but takes little bit of maintenance to keep on top of the shine....
Paint is the easier option :cartman:

Why don't you try crackle paint, that looks very nice, quite oem.

You in the RAF???

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise