Filter & Cold air Feed (Minus Original Air Box)

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK
Just a thought.. Is there any advantage in running a cold air feed from grill to an area close to the conical air filter which sits above the throttle body on my car?

I have removed the air box and placed the filter straight on top with the help of a few reducers and jubilee clamps. If i run a cold air feed to next to the filter (not connected, how it should be if using the original air box) will it benefit at all? Can anybody see the logic in this?

Thanks,

Mickey

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK

Im half way there then, all i need to do is get some alloy duct and do as you said, the rest is done...

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
it would but it wont really very noticable, unless your on a track, which i doubt it with a 1.4 lol.

i will have the same problem when i can be arsed to find a filter with spacers and that will fit on my throttlebody. unless i can find myself the powercap thing on the 2.0 versions

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK
It isnt no bad getting a filter on the 1.4. Yeah you have to go to the trouble of buying an elbow and a reducer but thats all.. I was given a powertec filter so i thought id give it a go.

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK
ebay, hold up and ill grab you the link..

ive slammed the cone straight on top of the throttle body really facing down at an angle..

then to it; running from fog or grill cavity, i was going to run the alloy duct to suck in some cooler air

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
DSCF0003.jpg

My old 1.4.....

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK
Stu..

That was exactly how I was going to do it :) Thanks for the upload. Confirmed how I thought would be the best way to go about it..

mickeykdan

Dec 19, 2007
UK
2 Inch diameter inlet

5 Inch height to play with

3/4 Inch Breather Dia

but dont quote me.. check first ;-) mines a 2incher haha i had to use a reducer as shown in the replies above.