finally I picked my leon up

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I think from reading through his other posts these are not assumptions. We may or may not be getting the full story, but from his other threads on this forum and the vauxhall forum he appears more concerned about getting a good looking car. If i was in a situation where I was the primary port of transport for my disabled mother and elderly nan, there needs would come above the looks and performance of the vehicle.

A la Fiat Multipla, Berlingo, Kangoo etc.

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
why cant you have a good looking car though? id rather not have a nissan pixo etc and because i enjoy driving id rather have something with a bit of go(and looks) and pay out of my own pocket.

Im looking at getting an insignia sri with the ugraded alloys and premium sound system, costing me exactly what it costs standard users but i have to hand it back after 3 years so vauxhall actually benefits.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
makes no odds what car 'he's' had, so you think it should be a 5 door based on your assumptions?
i could have had an Ibiza 5 dr, SC etc but chose to pay a bigger Advance Payment to get a Leon FR 170 DSG just because it's easier to travel to France & back with a more relaxed, bigger car, plus have a little 'fun' every now and again

I think you've missed the point here....Window was pointing out the op was being selfish in getting a 3 door sport hatch when he knew his mum and nan would struggle getting in and out the car...demonstrating his priority was to order a car that suited him more than the person it was intended for.
It obviously didn't break his heart enough to order a more suitable 5 door car for the whole family originally so at least he's learnt that lesson this time round...

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I think you've missed the point here....Window was pointing out the op was being selfish in getting a 3 door sport hatch when he knew his mum and nan would struggle getting in and out the car...demonstrating his priority was to order a car that suited him more than the person it was intended for.
It obviously didn't break his heart enough to order a more suitable 5 door car for the whole family originally so at least he's learnt that lesson this time round...

This is my point exactly, if your needs are more centred around a car for yourself then you can choose whichever car suits your needs best and you feel comfortable with, whether this be a Leon, Insignia etc. However, if the car is to transport and take care of two very ill people, and you're the carer and not the actual person who is entitled to the car, then the needs of those two very ill people should come first and foremost over looks, and even your own comfort.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Think we need to come away from the what car he has chosen along with calling it his car

Reading all the posts he has made on here and on other forums its clear that the car is for his personal use, he wouldn't have to pay his mum back otherwise.

Funny thing is Mork has mentioned all motability rules in a previous thread but he continued to "rub our noses in it"
The car is for the sole benefit of the person who is receiving the motability part of DLA, its not designed to get you to work or university.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Never mind... this thread will be chopped soon enough.

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
This thread is doing the rounds of other forums now.

Hope his nearvs hold out. If my nearvs were that bad I would give the car back and go and buy one out of my own pocket.

Oh wait, he has an 'ology but no job so that won't happen.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
To the OP

Mate if your nerves are that bad stop coming on here and reading the posts! Not difficult!!

All you've done is come on here and elaborate on your sob story. I'm sure your mum and nan aren't well and I wish them the very best but your trying pull the wool over everyone's eyes with a sob story.

You've already told us you plan to use it for work and uni and do X amount of miles in it. Do your mum and your nan go to uni with you? I doubt it.

Oh and if there as bad as you say they are an your the only carer, I'm sure you wouldn't be blessed with the privalige of time to indulge yourself in further education.

Also let me get this straight, your at uni and you said you plan on taking a year out so that's already 30 odd grand that you have no intentions of paying back yet plus whatever the going rate is for these copa's.

On the Astra forum you said you had to talk her into it in the first place??!!

Do yourself a favour and just don't post again. You can find a hell of a lot of information by using the search button. Harsh reality is people won't want to help you because the way your being viewed by most on here is your just stealing from the tax payer through your poor mother...

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
for the record, you guys do know that the drivers of the mobility car is allowed to use it to commute to and from work and also to do personal stuff as well? As long as they put the disabled persons needs first of course.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
for the record, you guys do know that the drivers of the mobility car is allowed to use it to commute to and from work and also to do personal stuff as well? As long as they put the disabled persons needs first of course.

Only where there is a direct benefit to the person claiming DLA

its clear the car is for his enjoyment as he even pays his mum back for it and looks like he was going to car meets in it, I very much doubt he took his mum with him :rofl:

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
no offence but your all jumping to conclusions here that none of you are able to make.

you do not know the history or the state of his mother. she could be wheel chair stricken and unable to drive. based on this the son has agreed to be the carer for her and as such is entitled to a car to run her around in.

the comment on he pays his mum is a load of tosh. frankly its a nice thing a lot of the reprobates in todays day and age would of taken advantage of there mother and made then cough that up too. he wanted a bigger car for his stuff and to help with his mother. he pays the extra cost for it.

it also doesnt say he cant use the car for his own use. the main thing is as long as hes there when she needs him to get about than frankly it makes no odd to any of us.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
He said before when he got the Astra he had to talk her into it. Oh and a 3 door hatch? Real handy

And as tax payers it makes a big difference to us

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
He said before when he got the Astra he had to talk her into it. Oh and a 3 door hatch? Real handy

And as tax payers it makes a big difference to us

i dont see your point? What does having an Astra have to do with his mum getting a new car on Motorbility??? i think he has justified a few times why a 3 door isnt practical god forbid i wouldnt let my nan get in the back of a 3 door car.

As a TAX payer my self it make sod all difference. im more pissed off with why its costs us 22 million an hour for house benefits than someone who just seems to be an excited youth about probably owning and collect a new car for the first time.

based on some of the comments on here id liek to retract 4 years of history to this forum as i mentioned i owned a mk4 Ibiza for 4 years. actually it was a company car and not my own as mentioned on here countless times.

Last edited:

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
I think a lot of conclusions are being jumped to here.

None of us knows the full story, and I doubt we ever will.

I'd say that so long as the car is always available for the use the of the DLA claimant when they need it, what happens when that person doesn't need it is fairly moot. Whether or not it's an abuse depends how much the claimant actually needs the car, and that's something that none of us here can hope to know.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire

I'd say that so long as the car is always available for the use the of the DLA claimant when they need it, what happens when that person doesn't need it is fairly moot. Whether or not it's an abuse depends how much the claimant actually needs the car, and that's something that none of us here can hope to know.

Good point...

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich

Agreed

now stop giving the guy a hard time.

plus if he was abusing the system he would of got something better than a 1.6 leon ;) i know i would of lol