Finishing a smoothed airbox

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
going down the modded airbox route anybody know the part no for the green panel filter for my lcr 2003 225 bhp.cheers

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
DPJ said:
4" from B&Q (<£6.00) - but now feeding my modded air box instead of the RamAir
P1010003.jpg
how did you fit the ducting inside your airbox mate. cheers

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Part number for Green Panel Filter for LCR is "Green Panel Filter for LCR" - just ring/pm Bill. There's a recent thread in the Badger 5 section with prices etc.

If you order the 80mm feed you can squeeze it into the standard airbox hole, and it makes it a nice tight seal, although I've had better results from making the hole bigger.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Feel said:
Part number for Green Panel Filter for LCR is "Green Panel Filter for LCR" - just ring/pm Bill. There's a recent thread in the Badger 5 section with prices etc.

If you order the 80mm feed you can squeeze it into the standard airbox hole, and it makes it a nice tight seal, although I've had better results from making the hole bigger.
so where do these battery relocation kits come from ?:D

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well ive removed the fog light, and got rid of all the unecessary plastic, and im quite surprised to find a direct route. An 80mm feed just fits nicely round the fog light mesh,. Just need to buy a new feed of Bill, cause the old one is nicely knackered. But its definitly the way im going forward

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
You managed to find a route down to the fog? Pics would be nice as im doing mine tom. At first glance it looks like there's too much samco in the way, suppose i'll have to take the battery out and have a look.
Did you manage to keep the battery cover on?
How tight is it? 80mm tight or 102mm tight? ;)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
NeilC said:
You managed to find a route down to the fog? Pics would be nice as im doing mine tom. At first glance it looks like there's too much samco in the way, suppose i'll have to take the battery out and have a look.
Did you manage to keep the battery cover on?
How tight is it? 80mm tight or 102mm tight? ;)

Must admit i took the battery cover off, i think u will struggle with anything more than 80mm, dont get me wrong, its not perfect, and a bit of squashing will be required, but when its all in, it definitly looks ok. By getting rid of all the plastic has made quite a bit of space, ie the Snorkel fix, just rip it outtttt.

Just need a niew flexi pipe . and i will be away...

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Ripped all that plastic stuff out when i had the bumper off the other week. I have a nice collection of different sized air feed stuff in the garage somewhere so i'll see what i can bodge.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
im surprised phil!

cos when i fitted my FMIC i had a good look and was hoping that maybe i could get a cabrino style induction to fit, but it looked impossible! :(

i know forge thought they could do the same but when they tried they couldnt! :(

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I will only be able to tell for sure when i get the replacement feed, whether ive ripped out more plastic than most, but there is a definite route to the fog without a doubt, I will put my hand up to been probably the worst mechanic, so will shall see.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Got bored earlier

My ability at proving phil wrong didnt go too well.

airfeed12jc.jpg

Theres no battery cover in the pics but thats just cos i've lost it.

airfeed28vp.jpg

Picture of it poking out :)redface:) to prove i werent faking it.

airfeed39hs.jpg

Bizzarely where the fog fits in there is an 80dia tube sticking out which nicely intererence fits on the end of the tubing. I cable tied round to be extra sure tho (not shown in pic).

You wouldnt be able to get a 100dia tube down there without denting the bit that goes round the pipework down to about 80dia, and you'd prob need to take out the offending intercooler pipes to get the dent in the right place so not worth it imo.

Wether or not this is better than the other route to the left of the headlight is questionable as it still bends 3 times and is a similar distance. I couldnt log as there are police and drunk drivers everywhere (the ones doing 20 in a 60 to be inconspicous but leaving there full beam on :blink: )

Anyway those arent dead flies, it's so clean its sparkling in the sun :whistle:

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I might reposition it so it dont sit behind the fog light aperature as that hole seems a bit small and attach it to the mesh somehow, but this way is certainly subtle as you cant see it at all.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
NeilC said:
My ability at proving phil wrong didnt go too well.

airfeed12jc.jpg

Theres no battery cover in the pics but thats just cos i've lost it.

airfeed28vp.jpg

Picture of it poking out :)redface:) to prove i werent faking it.

airfeed39hs.jpg

Bizzarely where the fog fits in there is an 80dia tube sticking out which nicely intererence fits on the end of the tubing. I cable tied round to be extra sure tho (not shown in pic).

You wouldnt be able to get a 100dia tube down there without denting the bit that goes round the pipework down to about 80dia, and you'd prob need to take out the offending intercooler pipes to get the dent in the right place so not worth it imo.

Wether or not this is better than the other route to the left of the headlight is questionable as it still bends 3 times and is a similar distance. I couldnt log as there are police and drunk drivers everywhere (the ones doing 20 in a 60 to be inconspicous but leaving there full beam on :blink: )

Anyway those arent dead flies, it's so clean its sparkling in the sun :whistle:

nice one fella! :yes:

when i fitted my FMIC i thought it was too tight! :blink:

i cant be arsed to changed anything lol

but well done!

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Empi5 said:
Neil, pictures arnt working

Work for me, werent exactly very interesting anyway so i wouldnt worry about it!
You don't need pics to do this fella, just push the tube down between the intercooler pipework and the wing, then put your arm up through where the smic used to be and pull it through.
From here you'l notice a poss prob with this - the ducting will run alongside the hotside intercooler pipe. Although i havent checked how hot it gets yet, and i think if you take it the other way it would run over a pipe from the radiator and another hot side pipe so things may even out.

No logging again tonight i'm afraid as it's raining so hard it's knocked the sat tv out so i cant watch the last 24 :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise