Fitted my Forge FMIC Today!!! (Pics inside!)

Hey folks!

My Forge FMIC arrived on Thursday, so today I decided to tackle fitting it! I will mention here a special thank you sparkie1984 as he offered a lot of help in previous weeks, and settled me fitting it by mentioning I didn't need to jack the car up at any point! (I don't have a flat driveway you see) So thanks, without him I wouldn't have attempted it, as I always assumed it needing jacking etc.

I also fitted a cold air feed whilst I was doing this.

Anyhow!

To say it's easy would be wrong, to say it's hard would be wrong, it's just a bit fiddly at times, for me, the hardest part was routing the new pipes through and putting the sillicon ends onto the aluminium pipes, very tight! But thats a good thing.

It can be done by yourself, I did the majority of work myself, however I had the kind help of my dad for a couple of parts (raising the intercooler to screw in, and helping route the pipework) It's handy for one person to push the pipes up from the floor, and the other to stand above and route them in the engine bay.

Total time it took was about 6 and a half hours, thats with the essential cups of tea which you need with jobs like this as im sure you'd agree! (also, some bonus jam scones were thrown in, which I have to say, seemed to do the trick!)

I have took some random photographs below, so enjoy, and remember, save yourself £200 (thats how much the local places + a well known tuners wanted!) and do this job yourself!

Im off to take it for a drive...

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Sean :)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
It arived then in the end ...

Told you it would be worth the wait does it feel much different to drive..??

Mat

awesome aint it!

I remember doin mine.... such a hard day!

I stood there, drinking coffee watching ian_cupra hard at work :D

Hey folks :)

Yea it feels a lot quicker in terms of torque, I floored it earlier and the steering nearly flew out my hands so to speak!

It's a satisfying job to do yourself I must admit - it did take a while for it to arrive :( But then it looked the business when I unwrapped it.

The crash bar is a bit short when you line it up with the screws, but a bit of bending sorted that.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The crash bar is a bit short when you line it up with the screws, but a bit of bending sorted that.

You sometimes get that if you have the car up on axle stands when you line it up.

best to put it on the floor so the chassis can deform properly

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
yyyyyyyyeeeeessssss!!!!

get in matey!! i only came on here to pm you about doing it!! how weird is that?!?!?

it looks the business with the mesh mate, might have to do mine. although its easy to clean at the mo :D

im well chuffed for ya :)

my car was on the floor and the crash bar was too short still!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
think a few people have had a problem with the crash bar being a bit short...

doesnt change the fact that its a quality bit of kit though...

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Seany - That looks really smart, nice one for fitting it yourself too :)
Can I ask what mesh you used and how you fitted it to the bumper? Thanks.
P.S - You can add Forge FMIC to your sig now too :D

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Love the look of this kit! Does any1 know what bhp rating the laguna fmic is rated to, looking for an excuse to change it...lol.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Looks very very nice mate. Still so nice and shiney new!

Think the Laguna IC is rated for no more than ko3s, but i think if you changed the pipework it could flow even more.

Seany - That looks really smart, nice one for fitting it yourself too :)
Can I ask what mesh you used and how you fitted it to the bumper? Thanks.
P.S - You can add Forge FMIC to your sig now too :D

Thanks lads, it's definately a winning combo for these cars!

For that mate i just bought some black mesh from ebay, I don't think we are allowed to link to ebay on here? But if you search for grill mesh, you will see ones listed for every car under the sun, they are all the same size ones, I picked a random one! (think it was R32 lol)

It's very easy to fit to bumper, literally take the bumper off, take old grill out (it pulls out over the clips) then I cut all the clips off, and literallyonce you cut the mesh to size, I bent it round the edges of each side of the bumper.

It will stay in place as it's a nice tight fit.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I thought with the forge one you could still use the original plastic mesh that was on the bumper...???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.