Fitted my Forge FMIC Today!!! (Pics inside!)

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Nice one for doing it yourself mate. An it is a good piece of kit except..........the pipe which has the MAP sensor in is very likely to rub on the gearbox and eventually make a hole in the pipe, hole = boost leak. Forge do know about this problem aswel as i pointed it out to someone at a meet a while ago, all the cupras there on the day with the Forge set up all had the same problem.

Just something to keep an eye on mate

JamesE

Nov 19, 2007
I just bought a used forge FMIC and yes the MAP sensor pipe had been repaired by forge so hopefully should be all good.

You can fit it with the standard mesh... we'll i managed to whilst fitting mine. Take a look on my readers ride thread.

Looks schweet though mate.

James

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, and thanks Forge for supplying it :)

I noticed one part of the pipe looks like it will rub on a bracket, but thats nearer the front of the engine, looks like a right angled hard-plastic bracket, so I just put a bit of foam between there to stop it rubbing.

As for the gearbox one, i'll keep my eye out on that, maybe can fabricate something to wedge between it to stop it rubbing?

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
How much do you have to cut the bumper down on the bottom and what did you use to attach the new mesh?

daves ibiza

fair play mate looks the part . and you carnt go wrong with forge ;)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Very happy with mine, pipework could be abit better, does have some sharp bends in it that may restrict airflow more so than the pro-alloy one. If i could do things again id spend a tad more and get the pro-alloy one, does depend on your power goals though

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members