Fitted my Liquid Gauge today

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I think it's time to order me one of these if yours works with oil temp mashburn. Can you read oil temp with vag com Mashburn? Maybe previous owner put one in. Strange...

Don't know about that mate, but I'm guessing it will do if the gauge does. Does vagcom read yours or not?

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Do you get the EGT too on a 210? i don't on the 180.

Yes mate, had a good look through the gauge yesterday and didnt find anything that it wouldnt display. :thumbup:

Dont know what i'm supposed to be looking at half the time though. :confused: :D

For example, N75 position???

Also, what is the optimum oil temp for giving the car a good thrashing? :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mine can go over 100 if i am using the car properly ;)
I like the maximum it holds/eads saves you looking at the gauge to "remember" what you got.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Highest I've seen mine was 135 degrees celcius; but normal driving around 85degrees - my oil cooler thermostat opens at 83degrees.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
mine has never gone aove 90! 135 seems a bit high! have you got any oil in the sump!

Yes plenty thanks! 135 was after a number of laps round Snetterton even with a 19row oil cooler fitted. I have a second temperature sensor in the oil filter housing which verifies this reading. The oil was changed immediately after the track day.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Yeah N75 no idea lol

I leave it till 90 deg to use it properly ;)
Its something to do with a N75 valve position, and effects boosting.....thats all i know.

added this to the shopping list, good find Lee and thanks for sharing the info & links :D

Anyone know how well this will work on a 1.9 TDI 150 ?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2008
hello people

quick question for the users ...

The BHP values can be calculated by torque or MAF

which do you use / which is more accurate?

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
was looking at these yesterday.

roll on pay day then im getting one, be good to see the oil temp, i like to go easy until things are properly up to temp.

lots of very useful info, shame the vent facial is the single side one and not the double center ones, be a shame not to share the screen with the passenger!