Fitted my Liquid Gauge today

Jun 16, 2008
hello people.

this seems like a real nice piece of kit...

im thinking of buying this for my car - Leon cupra r 225

im halted on the following info from the website

"It will work with any car using the KW1281 or KWP2000/2089 diagnostics protocol"

Since i dont have VAG COM, how can i find out if my car is compatible?

many thanks

Joe

Jun 16, 2008
thanks lee,

anyway i can be sure, or do most leons have the same diagnostic protocol?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Yes apperently that is right willy. Would it be possible to fit a temp sensor to a 210 or is it not that easy?

i think after market sensors fit ok but i'd like to know where the oil temp sensor is on the other mk1 leons and try and do it OEM. The harness conections must be there.
I've tried to log oil temp using vagcom but the sensor just ain't there. It confirms this on the scan gauge web site.

Jun 16, 2008
fao lee & others who have the Liquid.G...

just recieved mine today - very nice piece of kit.....very much impressed :)

question is, how accurate would you say ur bhp and torque reading are?

mine seems to be well off unfortunatly,
stage 1 remap on a cupra r 225
bhp around 238 - torque around 250

boost pressure up to about 15psi :-S

im probably answering my own question here, ive got problems, right? :p
:-S

Cheers
Joe

Jun 16, 2008
thanks lee

what are ur bhp/torque figures like?

pretty much accurate? give n take 5/6 horses depending on the conditions etc?

i wanna make sure othesr are getting accurate readings before i investigate this bollox problem :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
My BHP readings are pretty accurate on a mapped LCR, between 260 and 270bhp depending on temperature; on RR I have had 262 and 272bhp, so definitely about right. Boost max. of 22.4psi
Sounds like you have issues :(

Jun 16, 2008
thanks for clearing this up...

seems the Liquid.G is spot on - good to know the thing WORKS :)

strange, theres no fault code or anything.
im gonna have to call sherlock holmes for this one.

anyways, u guys reset the throttle body yet with this?
good improvements etc??

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
looks a nice bit of kit and you can't beat a few gadgets ! Is it easy to see while sitting normally, just that it looks like it's pointing away from you a bit ?

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
fao lee & others who have the Liquid.G...

question is, how accurate would you say ur bhp and torque reading are?

I have LC with an AmD satge 1 map, the rollers show 214bhp and 248 lb/ft, the liquid shows 205 bhp and 228 lb/ft, i think its about 5-6% out, but it reads from the maf so it may be a little dusty and im more inclined to trust a machine that costs thousands than a couple of hundred quid. I've had a few comments made when i bought this up before and that some others have had the same variation.
But in all honesty i dont think this gauge is about that, its all the funtions that are 100% accurate that keep you on top of maintaining your motor, i wouldn't want to be without one now. :)

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
I have LC with an AmD satge 1 map, the rollers show 214bhp and 248 lb/ft, the liquid shows 205 bhp and 228 lb/ft, i think its about 5-6% out, but it reads from the maf so it may be a little dusty and im more inclined to trust a machine that costs thousands than a couple of hundred quid. I've had a few comments made when i bought this up before and that some others have had the same variation.
But in all honesty i dont think this gauge is about that, its all the funtions that are 100% accurate that keep you on top of maintaining your motor, i wouldn't want to be without one now. :)

Actually you'll find that dynos dont actually tend to be that accurate....I bet if you went on went on the same rollers again you wouldnt get the same reading.

As long as your MAF is clean etc then I'd be more inclined to base my figures upon that

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.