Fitted my Liquid Gauge today

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London

s2celly

Mar 15, 2009
slough
Hi lee, How are you getting on with the liquid gauge?
this bit of kit looks wicked, Better then havin a load gauges in pillers and ond the dash.

mishy

awesome

That is an absoultely awesome bit of kit. Def since I do'nt want an a-pillar pod and a mini pc hooked into vagcom was looking to be a nightmare+cumbersome.

Good advice/info Lee,cheers.

I presume due to all the software updates its best ot get it from Racediagnostic as that way your more likely to get the latest?

whats the best price people have seen? awesome have it for £166

and £40 for the insert seems alittle step, anything special about it other than correctly cut and matchin plastic?

Last edited by a moderator:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
It is formed to match the "now open air vent" precisely (slight sanding might be needed it was in my case)
It was easier for me to get it all done in one.
Fee updates just have to send it back to them :)

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
I've bought this liquid gauge from Awesome GTI about £205 delivered and just need to get it fitted - cant wait!!!

I'll post some pics when fitted

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
Yep will do as soon as i get the time to get it fitted

Need to check what my bhp reading is and do some 0-60 reading with this gauge so can't wait!

mishy

is it easy to fit? think i'm gonna get one for xmas!

I got mine on Saturday, its brilliant.

As simple as plug it into the vagport(ashtray sorta area) and then as complex as your imagination can make the actaul install/placement of the unit. Mine is just blutac'd to the drinks holder at present while I figure where i want it.

feature i use mostly at present is the oil temp, I was really surprised how long it takes for it to warm up (from -1c to 65ish)as its a good 10mins ontop of the coolant needle hitting 90c.

It can reset throttle body posistion which is brilliant after you've just cleaned it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members