fitted the rear wheel spacers!

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Today I fitted the 15mm Eibach Pro rear spacers to my Cupra.

Thanks to people for the advice on getting the wheels off (were jammed on solid!!) in the end I lay on my back and started gently kicking the edges of the tyre until it loosened!!

Real pleased with the end result as seems to look a lot better! (well i think so :lol: )

BEFORE :

P1010003-vi.jpg

DURING :

P1010126-vi.jpg

AND AFTER :

P1010130-vi.jpg

P1010131-vi.jpg

I have also just been out for a quick 'test drive'... Well what can I say ? I wasnt expecting to really feel any difference but it is actually really noticable!

The car feels much more stable and grips so much better than before. I even went round a roundabout a few times and the back end was very stable!!

Well happy with these... ;)

Thanks to Bill at Badgersport for sorting them out with the extra locking bolts [B)]

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cool.. its a very very good inexpensive mod which transforms the handling into a much nicer car.

ibiza bits n pieces car from VAG... mk2/3 golf front & polo rear makes it much narrower at the rear than the front. square it up with some 15 or 20mm rear spacers and its a much more sorted a car. Less nervous especially on uneven ground, cornering and braking.

16v-cuprasport

Apr 27, 2005
Devon
ive rung bill with my order on thursday i think..(ive been alseep since then!!!) paid via the old Credit card......waiting by the door like a dog,trolly jack at the ready!!!...............
Any news bill?????
Simon

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Were very easy to put on once i had got the wheels off which proved to be a proper mission!!!

Were just under £80 i believe but with all the longer bolts included.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
its spooky your cars almost the same look as mine and the pics seemed to be taken in a place that looked the same as when i did mine, and i used bills spacers and nuts!

and you took the same angle photos as when i did mine and posted it up.... spooky!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Ninja said:
Were very easy to put on once i had got the wheels off which proved to be a proper mission!!!

Were just under £80 i believe but with all the longer bolts included.

I hope you put some copper slip around the spigot - betwen the hub and the spacer & the spacer & the wheel.

I have the same wheels as you and have had the the spacer stick to the wheel or to the hub.

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
16v-cuprasport said:
ive rung bill with my order on thursday i think..(ive been alseep since then!!!) paid via the old Credit card......waiting by the door like a dog,trolly jack at the ready!!!...............
Any news bill?????
Simon
coming soon.. ran out of bolts.. due early next week.

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
I am also using 15mm spacers, with 38et rims and the car is approximately 90mm wider at the wheels than stock. It sure does handle better, when braking or cornering. Spacers are a must have.

flashbsd

id probably be tempted with these.

whats the risk of doing damage to the hub/sheering off bolts with longer ones that are'nt designed for the car?

has there been anything of this sort happen on a mk3?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have run spacers (probably the 1st person to on mk3 cupra) with 53K miles a lot of them on track running sticky tyres etc.
One rear wheel bearing on NS has been replaced (cost £50) in this milage.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise