Fitting ET50 alloys on LCR, help with spacers

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Found some alloys that I really want to put on my LCR but they are a 50 offset.

Alloys are 5x100 18x7.5 with a center bore of 56.1

Thing is I can put 15mm spacers on to fix the offset but would prefer to get hubcentric spacers if possible, however the center bore on the LCR is 57.1. Is there such a thing as a 15mm hubcentric spacer with a 57.1mm center bore on one side and 56.1mm on the other?

Part of me thinks its only a 1mm difference so might squeeze on anyway or I could just use normal spacers.

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Even if you fit 15mm spacers to get back to ET35 theres no guarantee it will clear the calipers, its all about the design of the spokes.

You can get spacers made up with any centre bore from a good machine shop.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Even if you fit 15mm spacers to get back to ET35 theres no guarantee it will clear the calipers, its all about the design of the spokes.

You can get spacers made up with any centre bore from a good machine shop.

I think I'm ok on that front as they clear subaru brembo's and the spokes aren't as deep as the LCR ones plus they chap I'm buying them from said he will test fitment on my car with normal spacers etc to make sure they fit before I hand over any money.

Might have to make a few calls then and see if I can get the spacers either made or existing ones turned down.

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Good news!! Center bore on the wheels is actually 73mm so I can just get hubcentric spacers and insert a spiggot ring

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Pic of wheel (yes I know my brembo's need refurnbing and the cars filthy)

car.jpg

alloy.jpg

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
alright mate, haven't seen you on here in a while. Hows things?

Haven't got a PM yet

Took a bit of a risk on the wheels but I'm hoping when I get the tyres on and the calipers sorted it will look ok. For what they are and the price I paid I couldn't pass them up, lol

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
what you thinking to them now then mate ,,, look better than i thought , are they lighter than stock also ,. :D and whats the clearance like mate ,

Its weird trying to get used to them. Lot shinier than the old ones and an absolute doddle to clean which is good for someone like me, lol

They're extremely light 7.5kg versus 11ish kg for oem ones. Clearance is fine with the spacers (22mm) got maybe 5mm between the brembo's and the spokes

Last edited: