Fitting LCR splitter?

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Im fitting my LCR splitter and wounderd if i put screws in where the two centre V's were.Also do most cut the V'S off so the edge that buts to the bumper is level.?
Tried to look this up heaps but nothing concrete hence asking.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
This is a link ive also seen as many others but none clearly show or say that you are ment to fit screws into the two central supports where the V's were. If you cut them down so fare your not left with a flat part to screw through??

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
This is a link ive also seen as many others but none clearly show or say that you are ment to fit screws into the two central supports where the V's were. If you cut them down so fare your not left with a flat part to screw through??

I know exactly what your sayin m8. Thought I was the only one lol.:ban:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^^what's with the :ban:.

What do you expect. the LCR splitter is exactly that, a splitter from a LEON CUPRA R. it is not meant to be fitted to an IBIZA. It is a modification.

If you can't figure it out then you don't deserve to have one on your car....................

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Its a bit harsh init nath, i think my question was totaly fare.I f i had already fitted one of these and had seen a similar question i would have been happy to help out.This is afterall ment to be a comunity of people that share similar and have a common interest.People always jump in with ,OH THIS HAS BEEN COVERED!,but if youve done your serches and cant find what your looking for but know plenty of people have fitted the item in question then i dont think its out of order to ask for a query to be cleared up before you possibly fit the item incorrectly .

Aimez

Be careful i did not screw through the vs as alot of people say it is a good i dea to leave ti with a bit of give so it it hits a curb or speed hump etc. it won't then rip of or get damaged if that makes sense. The only problem with this is it does sag a bit in the middle and I still have the Vs on mine so does look a bit odd not sure whether to cut them off need to see what other have done really.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Thanks Aimez ,valid point ,i think im going to cut my V's off and keep the slight slant they are on also i think i will screw them to the bumper as my car isnt lowered yet.When i can afford some coilovers i can re think if needed .
laters

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
^^^^^what's with the :ban:.

What do you expect. the LCR splitter is exactly that, a splitter from a LEON CUPRA R. it is not meant to be fitted to an IBIZA. It is a modification.

If you can't figure it out then you don't deserve to have one on your car....................

Im sure everyone on this forum is capable of installing a splitter Nath. However people post on forums to learn from peoples mishaps and take advice. It saves silly mistakes and money.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
basically you cut the top of the v's down so that when screwed on the bottom of the lip will be level throughout...you might wanna shave the bits that stick out the back end to stop it from forcing down

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Mine used to be on a LEon and the Vs are vut down a bit but now they are just kind of there look a bit silly. Shall i cut them off anyone think?

i wouldn't cut em down completely aimez...if you're worried about it being forced off by scraping then don't (as long as you secure it enough)

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Thanks all of you that put down some valid and usful pointers.I will get on the case tomos.Will post the look at my car now pic when done as i havent posted one yet anyhows.
thanks again.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
It is not secured on at the V point at all just the usually screws got to do something it looks a bit silly as it is.

my v's aren't secured either (if they are then it's more likely to come off when hitting)...but if they're completely cut off then the middle will sit closer to the bumper in comparison to the rest and will look even more dodgy than the fact it is a Leon part

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
how will it sit closer if they cut off?

because the bumper is rounded, so instead of the splitter following it's depth it will straighten across the two fixed points either side of the gapped section (if you know what i mean)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.