Flat Wiper Blade

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
I'm looking to replace my worn and frankly sh*t wiper blades, and I'd really like to fit a proper set of flat blades.

Got my eyes on these:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/AR533S-Bosch-Aerotwin-Retro-fit-Twin-Pack-21-19-530-475mm-19.html

Will these fit a 54 plate FR? Presumably these are the right lengths ; 19" & 21"?

Also, whilst I'm asking about wipers, anyone got a quick link to a suitable Polo rear wiper?

Presumably this:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ABD-Retro-Fit-Aero-blade-13.html

Would just slot in as well?

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Thanks!

Not that I'm an impulsive shopper or anything, but that's everything ordered :D

I take it the rear wiper is a fairly straightforward fit?

Deleted member 13581

The Polo rear wiper is only about £18 or £19 from a VW dealer im sure. Check that 1st rather than splashing out £33 of the 1 from ebay.

If your wanting total aero wipers the Polo 1s are a direct fit aswell. The ony thing is, you need to buy new arms and blades for both sides. £90 or there about.

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
The Polo rear wiper is only about £18 or £19 from a VW dealer im sure. Check that 1st rather than splashing out £33 of the 1 from ebay.

If your wanting total aero wipers the Polo 1s are a direct fit aswell. The ony thing is, you need to buy new arms and blades for both sides. £90 or there about.

Ooops. Curse my quick fingers.

I'm happy trying a retro-fit set of flat blades first rather than splashing out on the new arms just yet... ;)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead

you could just use the facelift ibiza front wipers if you ant the full retrofit!;)

you can buy the aero wiper kit for the old style hook arm from any VW dealer or TPS centre aswell. iirc £16.00 part number 1J2998002

Deleted member 13581

Nice 1. Suppose you could use the Ibiza 1s. :lol: I got the Polo 1s as my mate works in VW. Discount.

I found some of the aero wiper kits for the old arms didnt wipe the whole window properly. Leaving it all streaky.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Nice 1. Suppose you could use the Ibiza 1s. :lol: I got the Polo 1s as my mate works in VW. Discount.

I found some of the aero wiper kits for the old arms didnt wipe the whole window properly. Leaving it all streaky.

if you look they are more then likely the same part number:lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.