flip key info thread

Saint Ibiza

Sep 14, 2012
Let me know when you looking at this as well as I'd like at least one flip key for my Ibiza, prefer them to the standard keys. North London/Essex/Herts based this one though will come to meet you nps with the rest.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Let me know when you looking at this as well as I'd like at least one flip key for my Ibiza, prefer them to the standard keys. North London/Essex/Herts based this one though will come to meet you nps with the rest.

The Birmingham/Midlands group buy i've organised with the TT forum guys is on Sun 3rd March. Meeting at Tamworth services J10 M42 at 11am.

There's also going to be another meet which is on Sat 23rd. Meeting at Cobham services just off of the M25 between J9 & J10

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
so are you wanting 2 new full remote flip keys? or are you wanting me to use the transponders from your original keys?

just so I can sort your price out. Also you'll be paying an even split of my traveling costs, which as there's 4 including you is £35 each

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
well either way is as easy. Sometimes it takes as long to remove a transponder from a non remote key then fit it into a flip remote as it does to program a new transponder.

Money wise you'll save £15 bu using your original transponder

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
ok, well 2 cut & fully programmed flip remotes would be £120 but as you're using your own transponders it's £90 + traveling costs which is £35 each at the moment, i'm waiting for somebody else to confirm. Once he does then it's £25 each

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
no worries! didn't get back till 8.45. Wish i'd not bothered going to that other job in Coventry on my way home. Didn't go well, read the SKC from the car but no matter which equipment i tried to program the new key with it wouldn't do it, just kept getting incorrect pin code error message

So added about 40mins & 1.5hrs onto my trip home for nothing. Oh well, such is life sometimes. All the other 7 cars i've done today went as planned so can't complain :D

I'll let you know when i'm next down your way. Oh & i'll keep you posted on those cars i've mentioned

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
in case anybody requires a new/spare key doing i'm going to be heading South from Huddersfield to Cobham services on either 13th or 14th April. Route is M1 & M25 but can make a detour if need be as long as it's not too far off of my route.

Doesn't just have to be Seat's, i can do probably 90% of makes of car keys

Craig

Guaje7

in case anybody requires a new/spare key doing i'm going to be heading South from Huddersfield to Cobham services on either 13th or 14th April. Route is M1 & M25 but can make a detour if need be as long as it's not too far off of my route.

Doesn't just have to be Seat's, i can do probably 90% of makes of car keys

Craig

Craig are you based in Huddersfield? I'm in lancashire.... have a problem. Got a mk1 Leon 2003 that I need a second key for. RCL would be nice but not a requirement as the only key I have is just a key with no buttons. I can source the fob, blade and get it cut, but can you assist with anything else? Tried to PM you but no idea how...

Rvmne

after trying to find some info out and with lots of different things about i decide to try and help people out by compiling all the stuf i used and found out to swap to a flip key
1 you will need a vw skoda or seat flip key with two buttons of ebay or anywhere with the mhz rating as your key. most prob 434mhz like mine and some are 433mhz and harder to get hold of.
2 try and get one with a blank blade
3 get that cut to your car at security place or somwhere that casn cut these keys
4 to change the imobillisor chip you need to seperate the flip key top and botton
5 then remove the badge( took me ages to figure out why i couldnt slipt the top bit!) you will then see a small screw undo this then the key will open up to reveal a little cylindrical chip.
6 you then need to open up your spare key the one with no remote this is easy did it with my nails and in that you will see a bit of white rubber and under this in the chip place this in your flip key and put flip key one in hear for now! to keep it safe
7 then reassemble the key and get seat badge from dealer
8 to code the remote you need the old original key in the ignition with it turned on then lock the door with the new key remove key then press unlock and horn will blip wait 6 second and press unlock again the key is now coded to your car!

cost about 30 quid including new badge and plenty on ebay
the key part no. i got and that i know works is HLO 1JO 959 753 AG
this is of a bora and mine was only 6 months old so the news batch of keys do still work!

hope this gives you the info you need
cheers gaz

I've bought a flip key had it cut (I tried timpsons but they didn't have the tool so they sent me to a place called duplicut)

Took the transponder out of the remote key and is now in the flip key. My flip didn't come with a button circuit board so tried a bit of d.i.y with my old board. Problem is I only got one key with the car so I only have the remote one. Any suggestions? Dealers want £45 for diagnostics to work out whether a recode is the problem -__- crooks + £120 for the key/recode

Just want to enjoy my new key lol with working central locking buttons HELP:(:(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members