flutter dump value on ibiza 1.8t fr

mr india

i was wondering is there a flutter dump valve i can put on my car that will give out a flutter sound, with out puttin any lights on or codes in the car,
i have already got a induction kit on the car

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The fultter sound is made by the compressor wheel in the turbo stauling, which is bad...

Stick to a Forge 007p and a open cone filter.

mr india

At the moment my car makes a dump noise but not very noticable from out side the car,
would a forge 007 valve be louder then the standard?

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
i was up medway the other day and a diesel leon went past and made waist gate chatter how comes it does that???

Unless its very heavily tuned its probably compressor stall not wastegate flutter. You are hearing the air being 'chopped up' by the turbo blades. The diesels seem to do this a lot when running open induction

xSCYTHERx

Jul 29, 2011
London
Im looking at getting a new air filter etc. So would you recommend I go with an open cone filter say K&N and leave the D/V standard or go with something like a green cotton panel filter?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Nothing to gain from a panel filter..

Personaly I would go with a JR (Jetex Racing) or Green Cotton open cone filter..

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Nothing to gain from a panel filter..

Personaly I would go with a JR (Jetex Racing) or Green Cotton open cone filter..

out goes the panel filter then. im gonna go for that JR cone filter, but on the website ou need to choose a size :confused: any idea how big the O/D top and bottom should be to fit in?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
ID of the neck of the filter required is 2.5". Then just make sure the filter is rated high enough for your power goal.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.