FMIC Fitting Guide?

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Hi Guys,

I know this has likely been asked before, and I have searched and seen the youtube video, but is there a guide with stil photos anywhere for a Seat Sport FMIC?

Many Thanks.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i havent seen one, but fitting mine this wkend and wouldnt mind seen one!

i have all the brackets and forge pipe work but it looks pretty puzzling!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
I fitted mine last night i do have pics but not really clear if people dont mind traveling il fit it for them i dont think its that hard really seamed to take about a hour and a half but now iv done one it will be quicker longest part was tryin to fit the bumper back on.

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
am gonner fit mine my self, hay am a master with the bumper can have it off in under 5 mins nar lol, other day i was under the car looking were the pipes go and hook up to, to be honist theres not alot of pipeing i thorugh there would be alot more am it seems easy to get to, that if the car dont fall on me :0, what is the map senser like to fit?

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
am gonner fit mine my self, hay am a master with the bumper can have it off in under 5 mins nar lol, other day i was under the car looking were the pipes go and hook up to, to be honist theres not alot of pipeing i thorugh there would be alot more am it seems easy to get to, that if the car dont fall on me :0, what is the map senser like to fit?

The bumper is very easy to come off but you have to chop the back of the bumper out to make it fit over the pipe work.the map senser went on really easy after adjusting the pipe work for it to reach.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
as said the hardest part is getting the bumper back on. i was suprised how much you have to cut out to get it back on. make sure you swap the green o rings from your old pipe work on to the new pipe work otherwise you will have a huge boost leak.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
as said the hardest part is getting the bumper back on. i was suprised how much you have to cut out to get it back on. make sure you swap the green o rings from your old pipe work on to the new pipe work otherwise you will have a huge boost leak.

did you have to remove alot of plastic were the lower ic pipe goes i couldnt get the bolt back in there with out cutting that bit down a bit.I didnt really have to take loads of plastic of to fit it really.not compared to the forge unit anyways

i didnt no about the o rings til i tryed fittin the pipes and it was really loose so checked them to see if it needed o rings and they did

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
did you have to remove alot of plastic were the lower ic pipe goes i couldnt get the bolt back in there with out cutting that bit down a bit.I didnt really have to take loads of plastic of to fit it really.not compared to the forge unit anyways

i didnt no about the o rings til i tryed fittin the pipes and it was really loose so checked them to see if it needed o rings and they did

i had to take most of the plastic and the square block thing out for the top pipe, and then got the hump doing the lower one and just cut the whole mounting out for that bolt as there was no way it was going back in, so my bumpers a bit lighter now :lol:

never fitted the forge one but i understand they are a git to fit!

Aimez

the stills is form soemone on here, I asked him if he can fit mine as he only lives 20 mins away lol! Think I may try it myself thou. What tools are needed?
Would e great if someone took detailed pics when doing this of what to cut save the trial and error and getting pissed off process!
Seems to be even more people doing this now, I will but gotta wait until next year to save up for all that.

Last edited:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
the stills is form soemone on here, I asked him if he can fit mine as he only lives 20 mins away lol! Think I may try it myself thou. What tools are needed?
Would e great if someone took detailed pics when doing this of what to cut save the trial and error and getting pissed off process!
Seems to be even more people doing this now, I will but gotta wait until next year to save up for all that.

i think i have some pics of what comes off somewhere.......

tools need some torx pieces to remove the bumper, some screwdrivers, hack saw, socket set.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
i fitted my ic when i had my car in bits so was easyer. so i already had my ic on but if your doin if from the start ya need the crash bar of to fit ic first.

as said tools needed mainly torxs then 10mm 13mm socket and a 7 mm socket to do the clips up.screw driver to remove clips of old unit then hack saw id say.

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
If you modify the pipework like i have in my thread then you don't have to cut out
as much if any plastic off the bumper.
You do need to modify the crash bar by cutting off the bottom lip so that the lip doesn't
squash and rub through the silicon pipe.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
As said, the hardest part is getting the bumper back on, particularly if you have pre-facelift bumpers. Judging by your sig though, that wont matter to you.

To get mine to fit, i basically removed as much plastic as i possibly could from behind the bumper.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.