FMIC Fitting Guide?

May 22, 2009
South Wales
So you dont need to touch the the crash bar with the seat sport cooler, you need to keep the green rings and need to butch the bumper?

doing mine tomorrow so this threat is really handy!

how long do you think it should take? assuming i have got all tools and garage to do work in?

cheers

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Aimez, Bassound has my old Forge kit on his car, so is running a different cooler setup to the one in question. With the SS cooler, you dont need to modify the crash bar in any way.

The bumper does need some serious butchering, but other than that, not much hassle.

To fit my SS cooler and pipes it took around an hour, but bear in mind, i previously had the Forge cooler, so a lot of the butchering and faffing about with the bumper had been done previously. I'd say if your handy with the spanners, give yourself 3-4 hours.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
true, the input in here has been most useful so far, me and my mate are tackling this saturday.
I have the fmic, the forge kit and two brackets. Do i need any extra bolts or anything?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
wicked! i am going to take the day as i have it off, just take my time!, you mind me asking why u changed from forge to the Seat sport?

Im running a hybrid turbo, and the layout of the forge setup made it a bit restrictive and suffered more from heat soak, so fitted the SEAT Sport cooler and problem solved.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
just done the intercooler, took me about 5 hours but aint quite got the bumper fitting 100%! as for the forge pipe work, i didnt think much of it, not for the price anyway! i modified mine, cut the 45 alloy bend by quite alot to make it fit tighter and some other bits!

the main problem i had was relocating the pressure sensor, it did just about fit but it didn look like it was going to last very long (cables were tight)! i reruited the cables between the engine and the water bottle! only problem i faced is that i had to cut and extend the earth cable to make it easier!

I have taken loads of photos so will prob do a FMIT guide!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
just done the intercooler, took me about 5 hours but aint quite got the bumper fitting 100%! as for the forge pipe work, i didnt think much of it, not for the price anyway! i modified mine, cut the 45 alloy bend by quite alot to make it fit tighter and some other bits!

the main problem i had was relocating the pressure sensor, it did just about fit but it didn look like it was going to last very long (cables were tight)! i reruited the cables between the engine and the water bottle! only problem i faced is that i had to cut and extend the earth cable to make it easier!

I have taken loads of photos so will prob do a FMIT guide!

i extended all my map sensor wires as after i fitted them they rubbed through on a piece of body work and shorted out:ban:

i had to mod my forge pipe work to in respects of cutting the silicon hoses. i didnt want to cut the metal pipes as it would remove the lip which means the pipe is more likely to pop off.

5 hours! oh dear I will be useless then!lol

its just a job you have to take you time over or it may cost yu a new bumper

I best start early Saturday then...

yes do it over a day, not like me who could not wait and did it after work on a thursday nignt :rolleyes:

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
true, the input in here has been most useful so far, me and my mate are tackling this saturday.
I have the fmic, the forge kit and two brackets. Do i need any extra bolts or anything?

no mate no other bolts needed mate when ya fit the cooler ya need to remove the crash bar then the bolts that hold the rad in place you use them which are behind the slam panel mate hope you understand

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
few pics of the ic pipes i fitted dont no if these will help not the best

DSC02772.jpg
DSC02773.jpg
DSC02774.jpg
DSC02775.jpg
DSC02776.jpg
DSC02777.jpg
DSC02778.jpg

one of the bit i cut out to fit bumper on

DSC02779.jpg

hope this helps guys sorry if it dont :(

SteveC123

Torquing TDI
Jul 5, 2009
O dear you bottled it lol its really not that hard to do.

What Adam said. ;)

And yes, it helped he included a modded front crossmember as part of the deal when I bought mine off him, but even so... the bumper doesn't need that much modding really. :)

May 22, 2009
South Wales
just looking at the pipe work posted in adam kelly's post and mine was different, i had to modify it to get it to fit! so the silicon hoses wouldnt pop off, i double jubilie clipped it to make sure!

the bumper isnt really a difficult to do, hardest part to do is the bumper, give it a go yourself.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Chino you should get phil or someone round to take pics as your doing it to do a guide for the rest of us :p when you going in for the stage 2 and that?

It's Sim, Solly and myself, possibly with Ben-B (all off Corsa-c.co.uk), doing this job scott, I'll get the pics on the go. Solly is apparently relishing the chance to get his Dremel out and is talking about having a few beers whilst he's at it...I'm scared :cry:

Stage 2 will be December now mate, that's next months pay spoken for...

Adam, those pics will be useful, cheers dude!

Aimez

Hello, you are all men it is easier for you!
Well not getting this for at least 3 months so I let you lot take pics and break things first then I will have less chance of going wrong. Fellow SCN member local to me can fit it for me for a small fee if I can't.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.