Foglights

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yes you can get a fog light kit from the dealers and you can fit it yourself if you are a bit af a handy man or get the dealers to fit them for you, I have done a kit on a mates car

the STICKERS that you have on your mirrors are replacement mirror covers
you can remove them and fit plain black ones or pre painted silver FR ones that i'm pretty sure will match your car, both black and silver ones are about £10 a pair from the dealers

If you want to sell the chrome ones I will have them off of you for £15 if they are in good nick....;)

Last edited:

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Anymore detail mate. anything a bitch to do? And how much was the kit? I did the foglight kit on ma renault and that was a 7/10 job.

Im an apprentis mechanic so easy enuf.

Let me no when u can. Thanks mate

Also if i can get the chrome 1's off on 1 piece thats ok with me.

gazjones

fog lights are very simple to fit took me about 2 hours only difficult bit is feeding the wires through the dash

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
i asume you get the new headlight switch with the pull out fogs etc.

Anyone know the price on the kit?

Also what other simple styling things than can be done.

Going to put mirror caps on(silver) Bee sting areial instead of the antenna

lower it and 18's.

is the bumpstrips just rubber attached to it or would it require smoothing?

Thanks for your time people

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Rosco906 said:
Anymore detail mate. anything a bitch to do? And how much was the kit? I did the foglight kit on ma renault and that was a 7/10 job.

Im an apprentis mechanic so easy enuf.

Let me no when u can. Thanks mate

Also if i can get the chrome 1's off on 1 piece thats ok with me.

don't remember the price of the foglight kit but it was quite easy to do (2-3 hours max
the hard bit was removing the old light switch and threading the cables through the bulk head

:rolleyes:

gazjones

to remove the old switch you push the knob in then slightly turn it clockwise then pull it out!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
The reason I was given for having the washers was to keep the lenses clean, as any dirt on the lens can cause deflection of the beam, and the possibility of dazzling other drivers. This is why in a Xenon equiped car you cant adjust the beam level manually (on dashboard) as in Halogen cars, come with auto-levelers.

Also its required by law. But aftermarket HID kits (which can cost alot), do not require levellers or washers. - something you learn everyday.

Last edited:

sikedellic

Does the foglight kit come with decent instructions or is it a case of work it out yourself?

gazjones

its great for fitting instruction but nothing much on the wiring though pretrty easy if you have a multi meter though as you can find the terminal that gives powr when the fogs are turned on!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members