forge/awesome dv valve on cupra 180?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
has anybody tried one even though the stock one seemed to work fine? Im wondering if there is a noticeable difference. Purchasing one this week but Im feeling im getting excited to find theres no difference, first mod n all to my cup

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
I read an article that the standard one performs fine and is very efficient as it's a diaphragm Type meaning only a small difference in pressure either side is required compared to the extra effort required to operate the spring on the forge one. However, the standard one is likely to fail at some point and if you are planning on remapping in the future, I'd say it's essential that you uprate the DV

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Yeh, i'm going to buy one, but i'm going to lower my expectations from it. I might buy a panel filter too while im there. All helps, and a remap will be on the cards at some point.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
...... if youve checked lately that is. If i try a price search on the forge itself, seems dearer elsewhere.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Buy a black Awesome one and I'll swap you for my plain silver forge one?

I've got vag-com too so can read fault codes :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Yeh, i'm going to buy one, but i'm going to lower my expectations from it. I might buy a panel filter too while im there. All helps, and a remap will be on the cards at some point.

while the forge DV is good product and a panel filter is a good upgrade, Don't get to excited by them. you won't notice any difference in performance really.

A remap however........

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
The remaps' the biggie isn't it! I thought as much re the smaller mods. Ive done filters and exhausts (catback) before now, and its usually a minute difference. Its my first venture into the turbo world, but as long as i know not to get too excited when i fit it. Cheers lads. Ey, why you want to swap the silver forge Damoegan? To be honest, i was going to go with the black one myself. I think its just a question of do I keep it as discreet as can be and pay the extra for the forge black one. Not sure if the awesome engrave is goin to bother me that much though. Find out tomoz, as im poppin in in the aft. Sods law, they'll have neither! I havent rung them to check. We'll see!

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
The remaps' the biggie isn't it! I thought as much re the smaller mods. Ive done filters and exhausts (catback) before now, and its usually a minute difference. Its my first venture into the turbo world, but as long as i know not to get too excited when i fit it. Cheers lads. Ey, why you want to swap the silver forge Damoegan? To be honest, i was going to go with the black one myself. I think its just a question of do I keep it as discreet as can be and pay the extra for the forge black one. Not sure if the awesome engrave is goin to bother me that much though. Find out tomoz, as im poppin in in the aft. Sods law, they'll have neither! I havent rung them to check. We'll see!

Haha it was me that wanted to swap :) I bought the polished silver one a couple of months ago, as I bought it brand new, boxed off my mate as he was offering it at a decent price, but i'd have preferred the black one myself.. hence why I suggested a swap.. was just being cheeky.

If you do need someone to read codes though, I can if you can't find anyone more local.

Last edited:

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Thanks for that jonesy. sorry for the mixup, been staring at a laptop for one thing and another, nearly all day now. Think its time to switch. Thanks for your offer there re plug in. Very friendly people on this site. Cant beat it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.