Formentor Infotainment Software Version

Hi guys

i got my new Formentor thursday. Software 1890. I had another formentor for 9 months before and I can see visuel differences in the software, but then I think is there a 1896 version for mine or is the 1890 the new version for systems with the 10inch screen like mine ?
Software is the same for both displays, 1896 is the latest

10" resolution within the software puts stuff into submenus etc to save space on screen

Tell

Staff member
Software is the same for both displays, 1896 is the latest

10" resolution within the software puts stuff into submenus etc to save space on screen
How to access Erwin is here East Yorkshire said all the TPIs were there. ~£7-50 hour:

You just have to get your address in European format else the credit card company will bounce the payment since the site is looking for that format. Street, number. Not sure what technical manual are on the Formentor there.

pavol

Jan 19, 2022
I received my Formentor yesterday on 1890, Hardware H58, seems to be really responsive and haven't had any problems yet just done over 100 miles since yesterday. I have noticed that the voice control seems to be very sensitive i.e. if talking to someone it pops up randomly- even when not saying Hola Hola. But I noticed you can turn it off so it's not a big deal
Hi, how do you disable voice control? I cannot find that menu... Thanks

Reactions: Tell

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Hi, how do you disable voice control? I cannot find that menu... Thanks

Hi you need to go to System Settings -> Voice Control -> Wake Word- Active and toggle off can activate it by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Car updated about a week ago most things seem to be ok ,noticed the layout a bit different and also colours better.
just one really annoying thing ,i have a condition that makes me cough and clear my throat a lot ,now the bloody car things i am asking for something !!!
done it about 5 times today ,it mutes the radio ect and sits and waits .... :rolleyes:

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Car updated about a week ago most things seem to be ok ,noticed the layout a bit different and also colours better.
just one really annoying thing ,i have a condition that makes me cough and clear my throat a lot ,now the bloody car things i am asking for something !!!
done it about 5 times today ,it mutes the radio ect and sits and waits .... :rolleyes:
If you look at my post above you can turn off the wake word and just press the button on the steering wheel instead

Tell

Staff member
You haven't had the SOS priblem or any of the others yet. Do you know exactly what they did ?.

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
In Spain there are confirmed reports that dealers are updating 1672 SW up to 1896. Unfortunately I couldn’t get campaign number or TPI….

General Dryness

Jun 17, 2021

Bollocks! I have a similar condition. Getting software updated next Tuesday. Hope mine won’t behave like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
I have 1890 version on my car. Since a few days, sometimes, while driving, both screens goes black and do a restart. Did you experience such a behaviour?

Dec 27, 2021
Can I play mp3 files through USB ports or there are also SD card slots?
What format should USB be in? FAT 32 or NTFS?

Thank you

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can I play mp3 files through USB ports or there are also SD card slots?
What format should USB be in? FAT 32 or NTFS?

Thank you
There are no SD card slots.
Yes - I have 128GB USB-C memory stick with music on.
no idea about formatting - I took it out of the packet - loaded the music - put it in the car and it worked.

Tell

Staff member
The commercial big ones above 64gb are in exFat which is an extension of fat32 which is why you just use them. Nothing popped out of the mib3 manual on format. Since mib2 is happy with big commercial exFat (I use 128gb) mib3 will. There are mib2 limits on numbers of files that can be stored these may have been flexed in mib3. This was due to the programming in the unit. Could try searching the Formentor manual. Didn't find anything in the Leon4 manual. Mib2 had a page on media format and limits... they might have left it out.

Last edited:

Radagast

Nov 9, 2021
My car is only two weeks old, and it’s running 1890. Should they have put 1896 on it? Is it an over the air update to go from 1890 1896, or do I need to book it in?

Tell

Staff member
No it's not over the air as @East Yorkshire Retrofits has said once you go outside the release. Minor tinkering they do over the air.

It's whatever those TPIs say about the 1896 update.

On usb format and playing pages from the Formentor manual where they are silent on restrictions of how many files you can have in sub directories etc unlike mib2 which suggests that constraint which was a programming one has gone with mib3. It manifested itself in mib2 by not showing those over the limit.

The mib2 limits were these:

– Playlists must not exceed 20 kB or more than 1000 entries.
– Filenames and paths that do not exceed 256 characters.
– For memory cards, a maximum of 4000 files and a maximum of 1000 files per directory.

Somebody with an enterprising mind can test that out by breaking the limit. I'm assuming that limit has gone since its not mentioned. Use to catch out people with big mp3 libraries. Anything over the file limit it would not see.

Formentor pages:
Screenshot_20220402-200953.png
Screenshot_20220402-201006.png

Screenshot_20220402-201022.png

That's all the manual says..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.