Formentor V2 - scraping noise on full lock

Dec 12, 2021
Liverpool
Hi all, first post here :)

Took delivery of my new Formentor V2 PHEV three weeks ago and so far, so good - no major problems and a fantastic introduction to the Cupra brand.

Over the past week I've started to notice that on full lock both directions (or heavy but not quite full) - for example when parking - I get a rubbery scraping noise from the front wheel arches. It almost sounds like the tyres catching.

Has anyone else experienced this or could advise what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Hi all, first post here :)

Took delivery of my new Formentor V2 PHEV three weeks ago and so far, so good - no major problems and a fantastic introduction to the Cupra brand.

Over the past week I've started to notice that on full lock both directions (or heavy but not quite full) - for example when parking - I get a rubbery scraping noise from the front wheel arches. It almost sounds like the tyres catching.

Has anyone else experienced this or could advise what the problem could be?

Thanks!
Anyone else with a binding noise on full lock, both directions? Seems to be on the front wheels.

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Yeap same on my Cupra Leon 300 mk4 get the same sound didn't notice it until approx 1.9k miles.

Anyone else get a metal on metal clicking sound from brake pedal on release, comes and goes not pattern?

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Yeap same on my Cupra Leon 300 mk4 get the same sound didn't notice it until approx 1.9k miles.

Anyone else get a metal on metal clicking sound from brake pedal on release, comes and goes not pattern?
Yes I get the pedal noise too. Seems like a sloppy linkage.

Jan 19, 2022
I had a similar sound, had to take it to Seat as battery wasn't holding a charge so got them to take a look, they said the shock absorber cover wasn't sitting correctly, sorted now.

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
I washed my car a couple of days ago and jet washed behind the rotor guard and pulled it back a bit it seems ok so far
My car has been in the workshop and the grating noise on full lock, both directions, has been found to be the CV joint boots compressing and making the noise. No remedials required.

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
I have a strange noise which has developed in the last few hundred miles (now at 5k), which is slight ‘creaking’ coming from the left hand side of the car….only noticeable when going slow enough to reduce background noise but suspect it is doing it constantly….I’m guessing I should get this back in with Cupra for a look….

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
Doing a little bit of googling/you tubing, it would appear the Mk8 GTi Clubsports and R models suffer from exactly the same issue as I am currently having.....it would appear it is solved by lubricating the macpherson strut boot...? Anyone else had this issue?

For reference, this is exactly what i am experiencing:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.