Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Last summer i did notice a problem. My felt like it was loosing power! :shrug:

Over the next couple of weeks i kept having a look under the bonnet every now and then to see if i could find a boost leak, but no joy.

Then one evening when it was a alot cooler than it had been lately i took her out for a spin and it seemed much better :think:

I decided the K&N had to go as it must be high intake temps causing my problem.

Using DK's guide i smoothed my airbox and put in a large airfeed with a green pannel filter. I didn't drill any holes as i didn't want to risk any hot air getting in.

Things were now alot better :D

Since the weathers been so cold lately, i've put my K&N back on (after all it must have been that, that helped me get an extra 10bhp on an otherwise standard engine). I've been loving being able to hear my turbo and dv again.

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
I've decided that i don't want another summer of boost leak searching, so i've taken drastic action!

Last week i went to the pistonheads and autosport show, it was great and it got even better when i went for a chat with the guys at the forge motorsport stand :D

In a weeks time i should be the proud owner of a forge fmic :-D

I hope i'm not going to get shot down in flames here but this baby should help my intake temp issues shouldn't it?

Looks like it would now be very rude to not take my car to stage two lol

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Very nice mate! Loving the shine! [B)]

Nice intercooler. What made you go for the Forge one instead of going universal and saving a chunk of £££?

Have you upgraded the exhaust, as this also needs to be done before stage 2.

What other mods have you got planned?

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Very nice mate! Loving the shine! [B)]

Nice intercooler. What made you go for the Forge one instead of going universal and saving a chunk of £££?

Have you upgraded the exhaust, as this also needs to be done before stage 2.

What other mods have you got planned?

Thanks for the comments.

I was looking at universal coolers but with the show price i got on the forge i couldn't say no.

Also with it being a complete kit it's giving me more confidence to fit it myself which will save me even more. In the end i dont think a universal one would have been much cheaper

My next mod's are definately a turbo back exhaust, probably bluflame as i like the fact the tip looks so much like the standard one.

I'm thinking i might buy it a bit at a time and start with the the down pipe as i've heard that is the most restrictive part of the standard system.

After that i'm goig for a full suspension overhall with ARB's

Last edited:

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Thats fair enough then. Bet you cant wait to get it fitted.

Whats next on the list?

Sorry i forgot to put that on my last post, just edited it.

Yeah i can't wait to get stuck in and fit it, i think a 3in down pipe will be next on the list.

Ive just seen your build, i'm impressed how you've turned your engine bay around!

I've been looking for a decent heat shield for ages, i think that jabba one could be the answer to my prayer :D

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Thanks Fox, the bay is getting there, just a few more things needed.

Give Jabba a call about a heatsheild. They are good quality and stupidly easy to fit!

A BF catback is on my wish list aswell.

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Does anyone know if i'll get a few extra horse power by fitting the fmic? Or will it just help me maintain the power i have when the engine/weather heats up? :think:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
no extra HP but less heat soak so power will be held better further up the revs. Low end torque should increase too, mine did:)

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
This sunday i got round to fitting my forge fmic :D

Jacking up the car enough so i could fit the jack underneith :cartman:
IMG_0994.jpg

One p1ssed off looking LCR
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

The whole thing went together really well, all credit to forge. The car feels like it pulls a bit harder, although i'm not sure if thats just in my head :clown:

It's definately louder and the engine just sounds alot happier and sportier. I wasn't expecting loads as this is just in preperation for future mods

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
I've finally cracked, i can't stand the bumpy, crashy :censored: ride anymore!!! lol

Granted the roads in wiltshire seem to resemble the surface of the moon but i think after 54K my suspension is sh@gged.

After owning a pair of their springs and loving the drop they gave me, i'm keen on weitec's.

I did a search and couldn't find much on weitec shocks and springs just coilovers but i don't think i can justify having coilies as my car will spend 90% of the time on the road.

Has anyone used or heard any reviews on these?

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/wei...i-19tdi-cupra-19tdi-fr-19tdi-0999-p-4108.html

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'd be happy with them on my car, but the drop does seem quite large even if they drop 20mm less than actually stated.