Front Bumper options - 53 Ibiza

bizzaboy

Hi guys,

My Ibiza is a Mk4 , on a 53 (04) plate.
I'm looking to "upgrade" the front bumper to perhaps something more sporty.

Which Sports / Cupra models were available in 2003/2004?
...which should allow me to fit one of these front bumpers directly onto my 53 plate without needing to make any modifications to get it to fit correctly? :confused:

I say 53/54, as these Ibiza models should be more "compatible" with my car.
I would love to fit a 2007 Cupra R bumper straight on, but would this be a straight fit ?? ;)

Appreciate any feedback, and I promise pictures will follow, once I get this done! :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
What engine do you have? If it has a SMIC then you cant fit the cupra bumper as it will cause heatsoak problems, all bumpers will fit all models. However facelift bumpers need diffrent fog lights to cupra and prefacelift bumpers.

bizzaboy

Hi Guinness, Thankyou for your prompt reply.

Sorry, yes, a little more info, mine is a 1.4 TDi (diesel).
Therefore from your info, i take it it has a standard SMIC.

By heatsoak, do you mean it will get TOO MUCH cool air, hence affect performance and possibly bog down the running of the car?

So technically it will fit straight on, but will not do any good for the engine?

Foglights is not an issue really, as currently mine has blanking plates (no fogs), so i will be gaining a set of figlights, rather than losing a decent set that dont fit into a different bumper ;)

Putting the question to you, would it just be alot less hastle getting a standard replacement?

Reason Im doing this is because front end took some damage and the bumper needs replacing anyway - hence want to make the most of the opportunity :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
its dead easy to change the bumper loads of us have done it. Not sure if the 1.4 TDI has a SMIC think it does though :S. If it does the cupra bumper does not alow air flow to it(as the cupra has FMIC) so to fit a cupra bumper you would need a FMIC. A faclift bumper will fit straight on and will allow air to the SMIC.

bizzaboy

Cheers for the replies. Think I will just go with the standard replacement bumper for my car :|
In the long run less hastle fitting it, and I wont have any issues with 'big brother' (Insurance companies)!

Thanks mixupz, have read through that Thread, very informative.

Thankyou all for your feedback Much appreciated :)

OL1

Aug 7, 2006
Yorkshire
don't wannna steal your thread but while your talking bumpers can anyone just quickly help me...i'm upgrading the rear bumper on 05plate ibiza pd100 to the cupra one..do i need to get both of these parts or just the rear bumper?

Rear Bumer, 6LL 807 417 A GRU
Lower Spoiler, 6LL 807 521 79Y

i posted on the other section but just needing a quick reply before i order them.

thankyou :)

OL1

Aug 7, 2006
Yorkshire
thanks for the reply, will get it ordered now. not gonna bother with reflectors, gonna get it smoothed i think. pics up soon :p

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
PC150049.jpg

Photo-0034.jpg

PC150051.jpg

I wanted to do the same to mine. Mine is a 53 plate too. I reckon it's brought it up to date quite a bit? Mine's a 1.9tdi.

Deleted member 23080

Hi

The top bumper mine is the same without fogs are they easy to fit?????

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
the fitting to the bumper will probably be easy, but you gotta run cables from the lights to your dash

then change your headlamp switch over to support fogs (or get an aftermarket switch and wire to that)

nice to see someone on the forum from up here btw ;)

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Yup, same as the ones in the bumper in second picture down - you are celcome to buy the fogs :)

Just got your pm about bonnet bra, could sort something out for fogs and bonet bra? :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.