Front Bumper Vinyl (Finished Pics Now Added)

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
After posting pics in the readers rides section someone suggested to vinyl the front bumper!

A quick photoshop gives this:

Before

SNV31512.jpg

After:

SNV31512-1.jpg

What d'ya think?

Also is this the stuff to use? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLOSS-BLACK-V...ickersScraps_Decoupage_SM?hash=item5638dfd5e2

In gloss black?

I'd take the plate off and vinyl that complete section then refit the plate!

Last edited:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Looks good in the photoshop. Facelift FR bumpers are like that I think. Photoshop the bottom lip of the bumper in black too, I've seen people do that and it looks good, see what you think :)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Looks good in the photoshop. Facelift FR bumpers are like that I think. Photoshop the bottom lip of the bumper in black too, I've seen people do that and it looks good, see what you think :)

WouLd look good mate. Like the FRs.... Have a look at Adam Kelly's thread HERE. He has done the vinyl as you want it and the lower lip. His last page has some good pics on it (post #531)

Deleted member 13581

Would look good. And as said Adam's from bumper looks ace with the bottom section done aswell.

Good thing with vinyl is, if you dont like it, take it off.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Looks smart! As said above, if you dont like it, take it off!
Not too expensive either, so can pick and choose when you want it on/off (shows etc) :)

Last edited:

knackerdecobre

IIRC adam kellys was vinyl to start with but is now painted

Also, think about other colours :D heres bertrums

DSC00949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2007
Derby
hi mate i did do mine with vinyl behind the number plate is really easy the hardest part was the lip.Looks like you dont need much vinyl but you do as it curves round.I removed the lower grill as it was easyer to do with it out.

Then i had my accident and couldnt be bothered with vinyl as i new i wanted it back i painted it its alot easyer.Also i wouldnt go gloss black matt black or satin black will be better.Ialso had the rear middle bit of my bumper sprayed aswel.defo a good mod to do. hope this helps

if you lived near derby i would of got you some and fitted it for you :whistle:

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2007
Derby
yes mate thats the stuff.

when i first did mine i didnt do it all i only did the bits that were showin not behind the number plate.But if your thinkin of removin number plate then do behind it.Iv had my plate of for nearly a year never been pulled for it.hope it goes well for you.

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
Hi,

Well as promised here are pics after the vinyl was applied. We have done the complete area behind the plate (forgot to take a pic before putting the plate back on).

I think this little mod makes a massive difference!

DSCF00131.jpg

DSCF00141.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members