Front spacers... bad idea?

Flameboydan

Oct 23, 2005
Swindon + Nottingham
Hey all,

I've reaad a few previous posts regarding spacers, everyone seems to be against having them on the front, but I couldn't find any specific reasons given... My mechanical knowledge isn't huge so there might be something blatant I'm missing, but the only major thing I can think of is the pressure points on the wheel hub under stress. My car's on 15's, not lowered although planning to drop it come summer.
So, front spacers... good idea? And if so, how wide do you guys think?

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
With the front track wider than the rear as standard, fitting spacers up front will accentuate the infamous nervous rear end issues. It'll munch wheel bearings at a quicker rate than normal, and these are a much bigger job to do at the front than they are to do at the rear. It'll put additional strain on suspension, drivetrain and steering components too. Not recommended...

Flameboydan

Oct 23, 2005
Swindon + Nottingham
Ah, will keep away from them then.
In answer to edc, I'm just trying to get as wide a stance as i can. I've got some on order for the back, i thought the fronts could do with a few mills more to square up the arches.
Hopkinsgm... I wasnt thinking of them just on their own, only in addition to wider ones at the back. Should have stated that first I guess!

Think it'll just have to be set of nice wide allys then... another thing to add on my rapidly-growing-in-expense future mod list...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.