Instructions for replacing door latch mechanisms?

zedwunare

Dec 4, 2008
Hi all

I'm having door latch issues and the fault is currently affecting front and rear door on one side and occasionally the drivers door.

I have bought replacement door latch mechanisms for all three doors but am having trouble finding instructions on the process to follow to replace the mechanisms.

My local mechanic has offered to replace all three for me for about £180 so I'm just exploring my options / thinking of treating it as a weekend job.

The only instructions I have found so far have related to a Golf V and I'm not sure all the steps translate very well to my 2008 Cupra. I've already looked on YouTube but the majority of the videos are people temporarily getting around the problem by drilling a hole into their existing mechanism and squirting some lubricant inside which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work and only necessitates some interior door trim. Replacing the entire mechanism seems to be a bit more involved.

Any resources anyone can point me toward? For what it is worth, I have done some searching on the forum but couldn't find this specific info but maybe I did miss it.

Thanks!